Droid 2 Global resets at unlock

D2G

Reaction score
I am new to the world of Android, but I LOVE this phone. I've made a huge jump into the information superhighway (My last phone didn't even have texting), but I have a problem.
Most of the time, things work great, but every once in a while when using the unlock slider (after the screen has gone black) the phone resets. It shows the Moto screen, then the droid eye and then works fine. This happens once or twice a day.
It's somewhat obnoxious to have to wait for the reset and reacquiring signals. I've checked the forum and other places on the internet for answers with no success. Can someone help me?

I have not done ANY rooting or anything special. I have few apps and I noticed it pretty much from the first day. (I've had it a week and a half now)

harrellj

Reaction score
That is not normal behavior for these phones at all, and since yours is so new, I'd suggest going back to the store and see if they'll exchange it for one that isn't defective. Your paid apps will still show up on your Google account and any free apps might as well (I believe that option is enabled by default), though I'd suggest making a list just in case. Emails/contacts are usually backed up in Google's cloud as well. I'd also suggest moving anything from your SD card onto a computer temporarily, because you probably won't be keeping your current one (unless the store lets you).

City Droid

Reaction score
I am new to the world of Android, but I LOVE this phone. I've made a huge jump into the information superhighway (My last phone didn't even have texting), but I have a problem.
Most of the time, things work great, but every once in a while when using the unlock slider (after the screen has gone black) the phone resets. It shows the Moto screen, then the droid eye and then works fine. This happens once or twice a day.
It's somewhat obnoxious to have to wait for the reset and reacquiring signals. I've checked the forum and other places on the internet for answers with no success. Can someone help me?

I have not done ANY rooting or anything special. I have few apps and I noticed it pretty much from the first day. (I've had it a week and a half now)

I am experiencing the same with my phone. It happens about once a day when I use the unlock slider. I've gotten used to it now, but I certainly don't like it. It sounds like I should just go to Verizon and swap for a new one.

erebos

Reaction score
I have a similar problem on my brand new droid 2 global. Every so often when my battery is <75% and I unlock my phone, I have about 2 seconds until it automatically re-locks. To stop this I have to always use my phone while it is open, which gets annoying for me because of the stiff keyboard. I have already reset my droid for other problems, and really don't want to do it again. It is linked with facebook, and my dad just said to me that one of his friends said that droids have problems when you link it with facebook. Is that the issue?

Last edited:

davis119

Reaction score
I have a similar problem on my brand new droid 2 global. Every so often when my battery is <75% and I unlock my phone, I have about 2 seconds until it automatically re-locks. To stop this I have to always use my phone while it is open, which gets annoying for me because of the stiff keyboard. I have already reset my droid for other problems, and really don't want to do it again. It is linked with facebook, and my dad just said to me that one of his friends said that droids have problems when you link it with facebook. Is that the issue?

no thats not the problem

davis119

Reaction score
i have the exact same problem as the OP when i slide to unlock it goes black and then to the droid eye than comes back to slide to unlock screen . it doesnt take long but its annoying. does any one have any info on this or any other suggestions othe than taking it back to the store ???