Droid 2 Global Rebooting Problem

mjc14901

Reaction score
I have the Droid 2 Global, and have had it about 4 months now with no problems prior. When I go to make an outbound call, after hitting the button to place the call the phone reboots itself. When receiving inbound calls, after answering I hear static noise for about 3 seconds then it reboots itself. Also, when I activate voice commands by hitting the home button twice while on the home screen it reboots itself.

I just restored my phone to it's factory settings, but now I can't activate my phone because it freezes after I attempt to make the call to activate it.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

Matt

vrbcik

Reaction score
This had happened to me just once, but also several restarts other than this... 4 in half a year ... cca ... still better than wm 6.5 ...

I don't know the reason. Are U sure (after restoring to original settings) that you have no other programme installed, which could cause thi behaviour?

Otherwise no idea....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

iSlappy

Reaction score
My wife and I also have the same problem with the Droid 2 Global rebooting. My wifes phone would just be sitting there on the table and it would just reboot, mine has rebooting twice this week when trying to make a phone call. Also the phone seems real slow and sluggish.

deborah3756

Reaction score
Have you reprogrammed both phones?

If you have and it still does it call tech support.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

rhill

Reaction score
My first phone (never rooted or modded in any way) did that occasionally (once a month). I had an issue with it and took it into VZW for a switch. I sent in the old phone and the new phone has been sitting here rebooting itself all night. I have a third phone coming in, let's hope the "like new" phone isn't "like the last one". I've been searching high and low for a solution, and fear that you need to keep swapping out phones until you get one that works.

Both are your standard Droid 2