Droid 2 Global problems

KittyFelone

Reaction score
The phone was great in the beginning but over time problems starting to arise and everyone I show it to can't seem to replicate these problems, so I'll have to mention them here.

The Droid 2 Global lags terribly, among other things. When I unlock it from sleep, it'll lag unlocking the phone to the main screen. When I select the camera, it's slow and doesn't come up right away. When I call somebody, it may not always connect right away or even at all, sometimes will try connecting and calling that person even after I am already on the phone with them. When I try and hang up, the phone will stick and not let me "END CALL" nor will it allow me to end the call by pressing the power button on the top (I have it set-up to end the call when pressed). Sometimes the screen doesn't even register when there's a finger touching it when I could be trying to do any number of things from calling or ending a call or even waking it up and I know it's not registering my touch because the home key doesn't do it's mild vibration (which it does when it reads my touch). Only a few times has it rebooted itself when in the middle of lagging.

Even when running certain APPS things happen. For instance, running The Weather Channel APP on the iPhone works fantastic but on my Droid 2 Global it sticks, doesn't always scroll between screens when I want it to, and it keeps creating new default cities when I don't want it to (in example: I live in one zip code and it keeps bringing up 4 more screens with other zip codes).

I don't have much on the phone. My phonebook contacts are connected to my Facebook APP. I don't have really any pictures on here. I hardly have any APPS. I delete all my old TXT messages after a while.

With the recent major update the phone itself has been running faster but still it lags and sticks at times. It's been about a year and it has become the worst phone I ever owned. I expected a decent phone with computer capabilities but it lags too much to be of use. When in emergencies the phone is not reliable to work.

manning68

Reaction score
Nothing that will help, just a message that you are not alone. My text message screen is acting strange when typing a new message, it is not connecting to Bluetooth properly if at all, and your outgoing calls sound familiar; my droid will connect (no ring) and the other person will see a call, but I cannot hear them whether on Bluetooth or on the phone itself.

OP
K

KittyFelone

Reaction score
Somebody's got to have an answer for all this. They can't sell a phone that's this lousy without having some sort of explanation. Otherwise NO ONE will keep the phone and there's a lot of people who love Droid.

PitbullMomma

Reaction score
I've been having a lot of issues just in the past couple of days. I use handcent SMS and any time I press the period or question mark on the pop up keyboard, it freezes and I have to turn my phone off and back on. I switched to the regular text and use my slide out keyboard and every other time I press the period or double space (automatically inputs a period) it freezes, then goes back to the home screen, and doesn't save my text. I've had several issues when opening an app, my phone will open my last email or text message. Usually 3-4 times a day, it'll freeze, for whatever reason, so bad that I can't even turn my phone off. I have to take the battery out. Last night my phone went completely dead, I charged it all night (at least 8 hours) and when I took it off the charger, it was only at 40% and wouldn't charge any higher. I have a brand new battery, too. Also, when it's totally dead, I'll plug it in and it will almost immediately say anywhere from 10-30% charged. I know for a fact that it didn't charge like that when it was new. I've only had it for about a year. This new update is great with all the improvements but has seriously made my phone function like crap.

OP
K

KittyFelone

Reaction score
The big update has helped make the phone run smooth and fast but I still have the same problems as I did before (as mentioned above). I don't understand why. I've erased all my old TXT messages and deleted a lot of pictures and videos (not like I had very many in the first place). I even removed a bunch of apps. Still acts the same way.

manning68

Reaction score
The big update has helped make the phone run smooth and fast but I still have the same problems as I did before (as mentioned above). I don't understand why. I've erased all my old TXT messages and deleted a lot of pictures and videos (not like I had very many in the first place). I even removed a bunch of apps. Still acts the same way.

Thank you very much!. Ordered a new phone today, same one as I'm inside my 2 year period still. Will be switching to iPhone in November.

Sunnistorm

Reaction score
My Droid 2 is possessed!!

After an "update" several months ago, my Droid2 has been absolutely stupid. I've taken it to Verizon where they saved my data and reset it back to factory. There are times I can actually text, call and take pics like the phone is supposed to, but more than not, the phone becomes "possessed"...like there's a demon inside. It will call people, send nonsense texts and won't allow be to do anything without doing a restart. SOMETIMES it actually lets me use it as a normal cellphone. I've been told by more than a few people the problem is with the slide-out keyboard---it has serious hardware issues that Motorola didn't figure out before they put these phones on the market. I'm DONE with this phone! I'm going to Verizon tomorrow to get a refurbed phone. My husband is an Electronic Technician, and he's said if it's a "known problem", which it IS, the refurb should be good to go. If not? Well...I guess I'll bite the bullet and re-up my contract and get a different phone. It's sad because I absolutely LOVED having the hard keyboard. Good luck!!

flyingbambaataa

Reaction score
The phone was great in the beginning but over time problems starting to arise and everyone I show it to can't seem to replicate these problems, so I'll have to mention them here.

The Droid 2 Global lags terribly, among other things. When I unlock it from sleep, it'll lag unlocking the phone to the main screen. When I select the camera, it's slow and doesn't come up right away. When I call somebody, it may not always connect right away or even at all, sometimes will try connecting and calling that person even after I am already on the phone with them. When I try and hang up, the phone will stick and not let me "END CALL" nor will it allow me to end the call by pressing the power button on the top (I have it set-up to end the call when pressed). Sometimes the screen doesn't even register when there's a finger touching it when I could be trying to do any number of things from calling or ending a call or even waking it up and I know it's not registering my touch because the home key doesn't do it's mild vibration (which it does when it reads my touch). Only a few times has it rebooted itself when in the middle of lagging.

Even when running certain APPS things happen. For instance, running The Weather Channel APP on the iPhone works fantastic but on my Droid 2 Global it sticks, doesn't always scroll between screens when I want it to, and it keeps creating new default cities when I don't want it to (in example: I live in one zip code and it keeps bringing up 4 more screens with other zip codes).

I don't have much on the phone. My phonebook contacts are connected to my Facebook APP. I don't have really any pictures on here. I hardly have any APPS. I delete all my old TXT messages after a while.

With the recent major update the phone itself has been running faster but still it lags and sticks at times. It's been about a year and it has become the worst phone I ever owned. I expected a decent phone with computer capabilities but it lags too much to be of use. When in emergencies the phone is not reliable to work.

Having the exact same issues. I'm getting my third replacement today....so much fun have to reload a new "factory reman" piece of crap

Ske1283

Reaction score
I've been having a lot of issues just in the past couple of days. I use handcent SMS and any time I press the period or question mark on the pop up keyboard, it freezes and I have to turn my phone off and back on. I switched to the regular text and use my slide out keyboard and every other time I press the period or double space (automatically inputs a period) it freezes, then goes back to the home screen, and doesn't save my text. I've had several issues when opening an app, my phone will open my last email or text message. Usually 3-4 times a day, it'll freeze, for whatever reason, so bad that I can't even turn my phone off. I have to take the battery out. Last night my phone went completely dead, I charged it all night (at least 8 hours) and when I took it off the charger, it was only at 40% and wouldn't charge any higher. I have a brand new battery, too. Also, when it's totally dead, I'll plug it in and it will almost immediately say anywhere from 10-30% charged. I know for a fact that it didn't charge like that when it was new. I've only had it for about a year. This new update is great with all the improvements but has seriously made my phone function like crap.

I just started having problems with my D2G phone freezing during texting in the last 24 hrs (either with the physical keyboard OR the virtual keyboard), where I type a few letters and then it freezes, I can't send the text and eventually the phone goes back to the home screen. I tried a fix I found when searching this problem, from someone having the same issues with a Droid X. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All (tab)>scroll down to "Multi-touch keyboard">Clear Data.

It worked for me, will see if the fix lasts. Hope this helps with one of the issues if you haven't found help already. :)