Droid 2 Global not working well, HELP!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
So I got a used D2G fairly cheap on ebay and it worked flawlessly, then I started tinkering with it and started noticing a minor glitch with the launcher. After researching and trying different options I decided that the only option was to flash an sbf (which I had done before with my Droid 1). So I downloaded and flashed the latest Froyo sbf that I could find and everything went smoothly but now when it loads the android OS it gets to the stupid media sync screen and tries to sync which (of course) fails because I haven't setup a wireless connection on the device yet. But instead of just failing and going away the media sync shows a force close prompt and when I click the FC button it just sits there almost unresponsive for several seconds (sometimes a whole minute) and then it shows "sync is taking longer than expected and will continue running in the background" ...why? On that screen there's a COMPLETELY unresponsive "OK" button. When I click the home, menu, back, or search buttons on the bottom the phone registers the click because it vibrates but the OS doesn't respond to them. I can drag the notification bar down but when I click the USB Connect button I don't get that menu option of PC Mode, Charge Only, USB Transfer, etc.

I tried booting the phone into safe-mode but I get the exact same result and problem. At his point this D2G is a brick and even the sbf won't fix it.

Another issue is that if I go into recovery mode when I press Vol+ & the Camera button nothing happens. I can't even use recovery mode to re-wipe the phone. What gives? Is this the kind of crap Motorola is putting out now? I never had this much problem with my Droid 1

What other options do I have at this point, if any? Please help, I'm about ready to punch a wall. :angry:

Jonas

Reaction score
Ok, I think you are trying to do a factory reset? If so, Check the FAQ in my signature, I am on my phone at the moment, and typing all the instructions out would cause both of us to throw our phones through walls. I think you may have found a bad sbf. Use the SBF instructions in my FAQ, they are known working files. If that doesn't work, then you may have a dud phone, that may need to be returned. Hopefully you bought from a trusted seller on Ebay? Hope that helps.

BTW, you aren't doing your factory reset right, and that seems to be your problem.

OP
xsylus

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Ok, I think you are trying to do a factory reset? If so, Check the FAQ in my signature, I am on my phone at the moment, and typing all the instructions out would cause both of us to throw our phones through walls. I think you may have found a bad sbf. Use the SBF instructions in my FAQ, they are known working files. If that doesn't work, then you may have a dud phone, that may need to be returned. Hopefully you bought from a trusted seller on Ebay? Hope that helps.

BTW, you aren't doing your factory reset right, and that seems to be your problem.

Thanks, I finally got it back up and running again. :hail:

Stefan82

Reaction score
Yeah will maybe someone can tell me why I can't backup my droid on recovery mode. My recovery options are 1. Reboot 2. Factory Reset 3. Wipe Cache and I don't remember the 4th one but no Dalvik Cache Wipe or Backup & Restore. I believe it also says version 3e of recovery console. Any way to fix this?

Sent from my Stock DROID 2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

Stefan82

Reaction score
Gingerbread. Tried clockwork mod no luck.

Jonas

Reaction score
Gingerbread. Tried clockwork mod no luck.

Can you elaborate one it "not working" is it not installing or not booting into recovery, or what?

Sent from my Banana Phone

Stefan82

Reaction score
I can boot into it with power+x them magnify glass but not with clockwork mod. Cwm just reboots.

Jonas

Reaction score
I can boot into it with power+x them magnify glass but not with clockwork mod. Cwm just reboots.

Sounds like you have a corrupt setup somewhere. Either on the OS, or with CWM, or with something else. I would reccommend an SBF flash back to froyo, then flashing the GB update, then trying CWM. To give you a clean slate. If that doesn't work PM me, I can give you a more detailed write up.

If you don't understand anything I said here, check the FAQ in my thread.

Stefan82

Reaction score
Already flashed back. I was thinking to do a fresh install from market for Cwm but that did nothing. Used to work though.

Jonas

Reaction score
Already flashed back. I was thinking to do a fresh install from market for Cwm but that did nothing. Used to work though.

Have you tried a factory reset and clearing out the cache? Are you running any ROMs?