Droid 2 Global No 3G--Fix?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by sailorman28, Mar 8, 2011.

1. sailorman28

sailorman28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I do need a quick bit of advice. I have the stock software on my D2G and no longer have 3G service...just 2G. I believe it is stuck in USA BAND. Do you recommend that I update the PRL or the Baseband? If so, do you have an update.zip file for those? I am assuming there is some way to force a EURO BAND on this D2G....I am traveling abroad now so I do not have access to Verizon's *228 feature so a manual PRL update may be necessary. I am a little lost so any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. kptphalkon

kptphalkon Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You need to have the sim unlocked by verizon first. Have you had the contract for more than 60 days? Also their overseas rates are HORRIBLE. I would recommend finding a plan through another carrier or just picking up a european phone

3. sailorman28

sailorman28 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

it doesnt need to be unlocked as I have the global unlimited plan on verizon. i have been able to use the 3G/H here before just it went away because the phone decided to lock onto USA BAND. I spoke to verizon and they have no idea what to do. Any advice?

4. harikv

harikv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Similar problem here.
    I am already in India and using D2G(unlocked & rooted). I was able to connect to 3G (H) till yesterday. But I accidentally selected the USA Band. I had to do a factory data reset to be able to connect back to the network here. But still not connecting back to 3G. Any fix for this? Would a baseband update help?

5. harikv

harikv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Finally fixed it. I did SBF to the 2.4.330 version and it is working fine now including 3G.

Search tags for this page
droid 2 global 3g fix

droid 2 global 3g not working

droid 2 global on t-mobile 3g or 2g
droidx2 no service fix
enabling 3g on droid global
fix droid 2 global 3g
getiing 3g on droid 2 global
how to get 3 g in moto droid 2 global in india
how to use droid 2 in 3g service fix
no 3g on motorola droid 2 a955 global