Droid 2 Global Gingerbread release is legit

Feudalplague

Reaction score
as of tonight at 1:24 east coast united states time i have checked and the update is recievable via the updater. you can either wait for the prompt or force it to search manually. its my though that they held off global due to the fact they couldnt release all the software for all the droid 2's at once. Now that global is getting update ill let you all know how it goes. im still currently downloading it but will give more details. This is no leak that was posted in the rootzwiki but is a legit OTA update for global via verizon.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Now, if you take the OTA zip file from your phone, and put it somewhere on the web, does it turn “non-official”? If it does, then you're contradicting yourself: RootzWiki provides a direct link to the same official OTA 4.5.607 zip file as the one your phone is downloading.

maxwellag

Reaction score
Just checks my phone and I am downloading it!!! :) so happpy, my brother is too.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

ExodusC

Reaction score
Now, if you take the OTA zip file from your phone, and put it somewhere on the web, does it turn “non-official”? If it does, then you're contradicting yourself: RootzWiki provides a direct link to the same official OTA 4.5.607 zip file as the one your phone is downloading.

Gasai, out of curiosity, has anyone compared an MD5 hash of the OTA zip and the soak zip?

I would imagine they're the same, but it does beg the question.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

OP
F

Feudalplague

Reaction score
well i never thought of that but really you can do it whichever way you put it and have it as the update online and itll still be official because i would have uploaded to the net from the original file being the official update

iguanad

Reaction score
Even if the file na,es are the same they might actually be different. When my phone came back from factory service my phone had some GB features but it still had the 330 version number. I had the traffic widget and the email notifications were a different color.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk