Droid 2 Global Dialer crashes after cool down mode

pctechdude

Reaction score
Okay, one new to this forum and two this is the second time I have had this happen, My phone goes into cool down mode (I left in my car while at work)
and so I reboot and then dialer will not open.

If I tap the dialer, it opens then closes, seems as if the dialer portion is stuck on emergency calls only or is non existent. Have tried clearing the settings, force stopping dialer to no avail.

Any one with info would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
PCtechdude

OP
P

pctechdude

Reaction score
Edit:
The last time this happen I had to do a reset and I am trying to avoid this scenario again.

Rocky

Reaction score
Hey, PcTechDude.

You know? I have the exact same problem. Just now, while searching the forums for stock dialer's issues, I came across your thread.

I didn't realize it, but I too believe that after my phone went into Cool Down mode did the Dialer fail. (I was out, suntanning, and my phone got insanely hot too!) I don't think I gave this much thought, 'til now.

I've also read that doing a factory reset took care of the problem for someone, but I'd too rather avoid that.

If anyone can help with this stock Dialer issue (it's not starting), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Rocky

OP
P

pctechdude

Reaction score
Unfortunately I just did a reset, got tired of playing with it and no help online either. But yes it does work, it does suck to do a reset, but am wondering if it gets stuck in emergency mode as that is the only calls allowed during cool down mode. My mistake was I power cycled the phone to get rid of it and that's when the dialer started crashing.

Wonder if letting it get to warm and go to cool down mode again and then riding that out if it will help? Hmm, I need a secondary D2 Global to test that idea with now!

But best of luck and hopefully we find an answer to this as it really does suck, and dialer one is a replacement on the market but so ugly!

jlong

Reaction score
This just happened to me. Left phone in the cardock and it was in cool down mode. Took the battery out now the dialer just closes. I have a DX running ota 2.3. It's so annoying to have to reset.

Im going to put it back in the car to overheat it again and just let it cool off.

jlong

Reaction score
That fixed it. It said phone has exited cool down mode and resumed normal operation.

benjaway

Reaction score
i have this problem as well and have also been having weird over heating issues/battery drainage while charging... i have two different batteries and god knows how many different chargers and it randomly will over heat and drain the battery to hell while charging over night or in the car or at random. Anyway, going to try the over heat and allow cooldown