Droid 2 global crashes, and will not send picture messages

fireshadow

Reaction score
I bought myself a droid 2 global for christmas, and brought it back to canada and had it unlocked. But at least 2 or three times a day the phone will crash, by that i mean, it will either freeze and shut off by its self, or it will vibrate for several seconds and shut its self off. All while the screen going black....
Then there is the fact that it wont send pictures. I tried downloading and using handcent, but it didnt work. Any suggestions? I have no way to take it to verison, or anything.
Oh, and does anyone know how to do a screen capture (take a picture of what is currently on the screen) like on the ipod touch can do? Thanks.

Zerozx

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the sending pictures issue, but I experienced the crashing/freezing/locking up/etc... a couple days after I got my D2G (got it Thursday, December 30).

Go to Settings > About phone > System updates -- do this to see if you're on the most recent software. If you're not (like I wasn't), simply go through with the update and let it install. It said on the release notes that a couple of the fixes in that software update is to stop the "interface lockup" and freezing...so, you could try that to see if it helps.

I did the software update and then the following day I removed all the applications that I installed myself to see if it was my phone or maybe an application having compatibility issues and therefore making my phone go haywire. So far, with the most recent software update and with no applications, it's functioning normally...but we'll see in time. I'm going to slowly begin adding my applications back and see if there are any issues after adding them.

I hope this helps. :)

edit: here are the release notes I mentioned, you can see those here: http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/12/17...al-update-includes-improvements-enhancements/

Last edited:
OP
F

fireshadow

Reaction score
thanks, but that was one of the first things that i had tried, and my phone was up to date.

Zerozx

Reaction score
I see. :( Hmm, well, I'm new to the phone too so there's really not much else I can tell you to try.

Sorry. but I'm sure others will come along to help, this forum has really helped me with issues/questions/concerns. :)