Droid 2 Global Battery Life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by BackSeatSuicide, Jan 1, 2011.

1. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I haven't tried other apps; I assume they all draw directly from what Android reports.

I want to discharge the battery on Fission completely, then put the battery in the Droid and see what it reports.

I hate the stock ROM. I love vanilla Android. I want to use Fission, but the battery issues needs to be examined and/or fixed first.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global using the DroidForums App.

2. speltrong

speltrong Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Found this: Issue 93 - fission-rom - Droid X Battery Remaining incorrect Vs. Overclock App(s) Profile Settings - Project Hosting on Google Code - looks like some apps might draw battery info from other sources.

Afraid I'm not going to be of much more help - hope someone fixes that issue for you.

3. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    That's quite possibly the same, or a similar issue. I'm now almost certain there is a bug in the FissionROM code for reading remaining battery life.

I'm going to continue to investigate the issue as far as testing the batteries in my Motorola Droid after they have been "fully discharged" by the Droid 2 Global. Then we'll know for sure.

I hope AngDroid will get my PM or read this post soon so we can get a more definitive answer on the issue.

At this point I might give stock one more chance, just because I need the better battery life.

4. evanlec

evanlec New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting...yes please do investigate this further...I dont remember if my battery life was bad with stock rom because I didn't use it for very long before I switched to Fission. But I would be interested to know if there was a battery level reading bug in Fission...that would explain a lot.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

5. speltrong

speltrong Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just noticed something odd. I turned off my phone last night when it read as 5% so it wouldn't die overnight (1 day, 18 hours on that charge!). This morning I plugged it in without turning it on, and the battery icon showed 30% and charging. Thought that was weird, so I turned the phone on, and the battery indicator after it booted said 5% and charging. I'm using the stock ROM with bloatware removed (and BatteryManager enabled)... maybe it's not Fission... maybe the hardware or Froyo (or a combination) is giving inaccurate readings?

6. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Now that is odd. Still, you managed almost 48 hours on one charge, while it seems Fission users cannot hit even 24 under any circumstances.

I'm still thinking Fission might be the culprit.

7. sixstringedmatt

Ratings:
    +0
    Im really thinking about going to a rooted stock condition bc of battery life... an extended battery is on the way but im thinking fission is the culprit... barely any use today and in 10 hours it was at 20% however, I hate the stock os... any options other than titanium pro to freeze apps? Im afraid of renaming or moving apps due to the chance I really screw something up.

I really hope this device sees more roms ported over... miui was fast and great on my battery on my droid1...sigh

8. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I really might have to go back to stock, and I HAVE the extended battery.

I love everything about Fission, but with battery life like this I don't think I can do it.

9. sixstringedmatt

Ratings:
    +0
    Exodus...your news makes me sad.

10. ExodusC

ExodusC Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The bright side is that if this really is a problem with FissionROM, which it possibly is, Team DeFuse could probably fix it.

I was hoping we'd get a quicker response. It's frustrating to hardly get 12 hours of virtually no usage out of a device, when others can get almost 48 hours with light usage.

11. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when i muster up the courage to get my lazy arse up and working, i'll post a complete list of what i've done on mine with the oem/moto/vzw rom. with the stock battery, i can get a good 24 hrs on light use, and maybe 14 with moderate use. these numbers i set when the battery hits 20%.

light use means checking the phone every hour or so, reading email, light browsing and posting, etc. moderate use means all of the above plus tune in radio, angry birds, etc. i also have my phone downclocked to 300-800 MHz and some frozen apps. but otherwise it's the same rom it came out of the box with ...

i just got the seidio 1500 mAh battery and am trying to condition it as recommended over the next week, to see if i get more juice.

12. sixstringedmatt

Ratings:
    +0
    Its definitely discouraging... I need the battery life... I did notice though my phone was down to 20. Charged for an hour and its telling me im fully charged. Its stayed that way for the past hour and just now went down to 90. Normally after charging overnight it shoots down to 90 pretty quick (yes I know its been documented) but I wonder why now its so finicky.

Search tags for this page
android droid 2 global dies

droid 2 global battery dies fast

droid 2 global phone dieing fast
how to make droid 2 global battery last longer
stop apps from running d2g
what is droid news retrieval service
whats so special about motorola droid 2 global

why does my droid 2 global die so fast

why does the droid 2 die so fast
why is my droid 2 global dying so fast