Droid 2 Global Battery Life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by BackSeatSuicide, Jan 1, 2011.

1. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh. Thanks. I never took it out of the box, just glanced at it and put my battery in and threw the case over it haha.

2. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my config must be working fine because i looked at my battery manager today before plugging it in to power, i was unplugged for 18+ hrs ... and the battery was at 50 %.

be informed that i switched to the BP7X battery ....

3. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds pretty good, and way better than some people get, even with the extended battery. I get slightly better, but I'm also a (comparatively) light user most days. I'm at 40% after 19hrs and 53minutes on my BP6X. (Getting a new BP7X in the mail).

4. silver6054

silver6054 Member

Ratings:
    +1

5. Freddybnj_2004

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all... my brother just got the D2G for him and his wife.... we went thru root,rom and battery conditioning.. anyway... his issue is that if he plugs in his wall charger overnight by the morning it's like 60-70%... He's even seen it where he plugs it in to have a full charge in the morning.. and it's at 80-90% when plugged in but in the morning it's at 60-70??? Like it's losing power... ?

6. douglasman100

douglasman100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im getting around 6-7 max usage 10-12 not a lot of usage

7. Scrappy Doo

Scrappy Doo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday when I unplugged my phone it was burning up. I have Battery Doctor Pro on my phone and checked out the battery condition. The battery was 30% and the temp was 120 degrees. I was using a Blackberry Charger. I let the temp and battery life drop down and then charged again using the correct charger. My phone sat unplugged over night and is at 80% and 69 degrees. When I got the phone I told the salesman that I got a Duracell My Grid for Christmas. He advised me not to plug my phone in My Grid and forget about it. It doesn't know when to shut down charging.

I also found this article interesting about batteries.
    Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

8. billy4

billy4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i am experiencing the same exact problem as you, 3-4 hours of battery life and seem to have no idea how to fix it, i hate charing my phone 2-3 times a day..

9. biknut1

biknut1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battery life, what else?

Here are some options for your D2G battery.

Buy an extended battery. Verizon has one (expensive) but it barely thicker than stock. Some folks say the use it with a phone case minus the back cover without problems. There are some others on Amazon (not sure what is available on Ebay) from various vendors. There is one, Seidio, that sounds great, but it is really expensive too. My recommendation (and what I did) is the Gorilla Gadgets Extended battery. It is under $30 with shipping, and now I can use my phone when I want to! Oh, that is also after I rooted and ran SetCPU. But the battery has made the biggest difference by far.

Another option that I mentioned above is root/ROM/SetCPU or something similar. I know- lots of folks don't want to root their phones. I didn't want to either, until I found out that it wouldn't last a day at work even without using it.

The other option I can think of is go on Amazon, buy a butt-load of stock batteries for around $5, and keep changing them out.

If you go the extended battery route there is one thing to be aware of- car docks, home docks, and cases won't work on your phone. Basically you have to decide which is more important to you.

The very best you can do? Root/ROM/SetCPU and Gorilla Gadgets. I use my phone as much as I want to now, and still have battery left when I go to bed. I actually have to work at it really hard to kill it.

Think it over carefully. Good luck!

10. jbinbi

jbinbi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    z4root, setcpu. on dosplay off 300 mhz. 1000 mhz max, 800 mhz when at 75%. 600 mhz at 50%. With extended battery from vzw. wouldn't be able to use d2g without it. this combo lets you have heavy use thru whole day.

11. Soladzur

Soladzur Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Could somebody explain why it so:

I charge the battery to 100%. Then I disable wifi, disable 3G, leaving only GSM 2G enabled. And after 8 hours of standby I get to 60% battery.

Looking to the usage statistis I can see that the most of battery was consumed by "Phone Idle". Rest is "cell standby".

Ok, I can understand when battery is spent on display or some CPU required processes. But what is happening when phone is lying with dispaly off and only GSM standby?

I've changed Stock ROM to the Angel with most of bloatware removed. but result is the same.

Seems the GSM radio uses much more resources than it's required. Or do you have any other ideas?

12. Soladzur

Soladzur Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UPD.
    Something strange has happened. I've installed Battery Calibration and followed instructions.

Now it's 24 hours left after charging and I'm still at 80%.

Search tags for this page
android droid 2 global dies

droid 2 global battery dies fast

droid 2 global phone dieing fast
how to make droid 2 global battery last longer
stop apps from running d2g
what is droid news retrieval service
whats so special about motorola droid 2 global

why does my droid 2 global die so fast

why does the droid 2 die so fast
why is my droid 2 global dying so fast