Droid 2 Global Battery Life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by BackSeatSuicide, Jan 1, 2011.

1. mrapollinax

mrapollinax Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is a good test. If you put your phone in airplane mode, essentially turning off all data and wireless, do you still get severe battery drain?

2. BigJermZ

BigJermZ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok here is my conclusion

I tried everything and now i have no problem making my phone last all day 12hrs easy.

I bought a BP7X battery and did the first two charges full cycles. I got the battery to last longer after every charge. I also left the phone for 5 hrs to see if the battery would go down and nope stayed at 90.

Now the BP6X was fully charged and i put it aside for a rainy day.....i dont really need it anymore so i wanted to drain it some what and store it.....when i put the battery in my phone it read 20% !!!!!!! Went to 20% in 3 days! I believe the BP6X battery are defective and can not hold a charge. While on the phone it will drop 10% every hour and off the phone it will loose power! I believe it can not hold a charge for too long.

Buy the extended battery and wala problems gone.

I use setcpu to ONLY lower to 800 when screen off
    I use battery doctor (new app figured ill try it)
    And gps and assisted gps on, auto sync (today) is on
    And i have a couple widgets that update between hourly and every 4 hrs.

This phone is incredible the coding that moto did is tough to beat (even the other droid overclocked to 1200 still cant come near us on these phones) no matter how much stress i do to the system it still runs fine! Ive never really had the problem of waiting for my phone (which my samsung moment did to the point where i put it down to wait for it to catch up).

My advice keep the phone (fastest phone currently out and will be fastest non-nvidia cpu using device for most of 2011) battery can be resolved by buying extended battery ($50) and u can buy more charging devices as u use more of the power this phone has.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

3. eNomineZerum

eNomineZerum New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think the bp6x is the issue. My battery started falling off rapidly the last few days on my Global. I discovered I had enabled my email, 3 accounts, to update every 15 mins. This resolved the problem.

Also I get better battery life on the weekend, when I don't work and use the phone a lot, than I do during the week, when I work inside a retail warehouse and sparingly use my phone. My phone has to push harder to maintain a signal which causes rapid battery lose.

By the name of Zero

4. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    battery quality does have something to do with it. poor quality cells will yeild poor performance.

concerning battery storage for long periods, when the battery is@ 40%, stick it in the refrigerator where the ambient should be 32°-35°f ideally.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

5. Merc

Merc Member

Ratings:
    +0

I did the same thing, I just adjusted my mindset to the phone. I bought two extra batteries so I never run out of juice, and I have the car media dock that helps keep me charged all day if I'm out and about. One thing that seemed to help me was root. I rooted my device using Z4root, and then used titanium backup to freeze all my bloatware. Battery life has noticeably increased. My email is still set on every 15 minutes and my screen is on auto.

6. jbinbi

jbinbi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where is the larger battery on the vzw website? I can only get the bt7x for the citruis to come up? when i search for bp7x, nothing. Can someone post up a link? thanks.

7. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0

You want this.

It's the extended battery and door for the R2D2. It's the same battery (BP7X), but with a white battery door that matches the Droid2Global, instead of the grey one that ships with the standard BP7X. I don't have it, but I've read on many forums that it matches. If you use a case, you'll probably have to remove the battery door to make the battery fit anyway (it fits EXACTLY right in my Seidio Innocase without the door, and it SHOULD fit in any case with a flat back)

8. jb20

jb20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I just picked up an extended battery with door here in NYC yesterday and the door was Blue. I guess I got lucky!:)

9. jbinbi

jbinbi New Member

Ratings:
    +0

10. jb20

jb20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

11. Mr. Killzone

Mr. Killzone New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try here

You can also just do a search for "droid 2 extended battery".

12. zero7404

zero7404 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0

it's actually dark blue

Search tags for this page
android droid 2 global dies

droid 2 global battery dies fast

droid 2 global phone dieing fast
how to make droid 2 global battery last longer
stop apps from running d2g
what is droid news retrieval service