Droid 2 gingerbread leak help installing!

Insidious

Reaction score
So for the monster 2.3.2 leak (I've had it downloaded for a while) do I wipe my data before I install it so I don't bootloop? I think I do but I'm not sure if that's wrong or right. And I create a backup right?! Please respond :3

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

scushard

Reaction score
In my experience, you should always do a backup and then a wipe before installing something new. The one time I forgot to wipe, I ended up with a bootloop. And I always do a backup so that I can easily restore my apps and data. This is the process I follow for Titanium Backup: moddedlogic.com/pe/howto.php#TB.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
That's what I thought. Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate it!

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
So I'm goin to take the plunge. Wish me luck. Are these the steps I should follow?
Create a backup with titanium backup, go into reboot recovery, create backup, wipe data, install .zip, and install the monster file and then reboot, dial *228 and bam. Hopefully I don't bootloop or brick. Are these steps are correct?

scushard

Reaction score
Those are the steps I followed to get Liberty 0.7 onto my phone. Just as a note, I had to uninstall AVG Anti-Virus after upgrading to Gingerbread. It bogged my phone down so much that it was just about unuseable. If you use that program in Froyo, don't reload it from your Titanium Backup after upgrading to GB.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Right as I was about to do it I read an article confirming gb for the 2 and not just the global so I'm going to hold off unless told otherwise.... but thanks for the help in case something happens and I D2 doesn't get gb

destin246

Reaction score
I would go ahead and install it when the ota is released just sbf n get the ota im running gb now and love it I've sbf'd a couple times too.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm always confused by sbf'ing. The only steps I get are like install the drivers on your computer along wiith RSD lite and then I'm lost there haha

destin246

Reaction score
Ill help you if you need me to it really ain't that hard I used to be the way u are until I sbf'd my phone now I think its easy..

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Cool, cool. Thanks! I'm going to break down and install it xD.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Well I installed it and im loving it. It was alot easier then I thought! Booted up in under 10 minutes!

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
So how do I recover my backup from TI backup? Do I re-root and install TIB and then go from there? And will z4root work for the 2.3.3 monster leak

scushard

Reaction score
The monster leak should be pre-rooted. I just re-download Ti Backup and do the selective batch restores as recommended in the Project Elite URL in my previous post. You would think I would learn how to install Ti without having to download every time. :icon_eek: