Droid 2 Freezing

nraviator

Reaction score
had task killer then uninstalled it. did a factory reset and still freezing. some other symptoms include while music player is on ill rotate the phone to landscape then when i rotate it back to portrait it will freeze (same thing goes for the browser). suggestions?

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
This is happening to me also in music. If i put the display to sleep also it would freeze and pause the music. Also when i connect to media center dock thing it would make the sound as if i am turning off the display, but it would make that sound about 5 times rapidly. I have not had the issue with the browser. Also i had rooted and it was very laggy so i unrooted it, but it stills lags only in with music. The music issue would only occur when playing music. if not then works fine.

Dustin.

Reaction score
This is happening to me also in music. If i put the display to sleep also it would freeze and pause the music. Also when i connect to media center dock thing it would make the sound as if i am turning off the display, but it would make that sound about 5 times rapidly. I have not had the issue with the browser. Also i had rooted and it was very laggy so i unrooted it, but it stills lags only in with music. The music issue would only occur when playing music. if not then works fine.

This is also an occurring issue with my D2, haven't seen a fix or anything to fix it yet.
(Rooted, and DeOdexed)

mavfan

Reaction score
I find that when I open up my contacts, my D2 freezes. Takes forever to autocomplete an address in gmail. Navigating from the dialer, to the contacts screen makes it freeze. Beginning to get annoyed with my baby.

solar

Reaction score
sorry that I can't offer an answer, just another verification that its not only you! My default music player will freeze frequently. The phone itself will either freeze entirely, go so slowly that a reset is necessary, or it will just reboot onits own. It happens a couple times a day (perhaps a bit more). I ike my D2 for the most part, but its a lot more unstable then the D1 was. likely due to motorola mucking around add their blur to it. meh.

steveyos

Reaction score
My phone is freezing roughly ten times an hour now. This is before rooting, after rooting, stock and epic.

How'd they pull this one off?

mavfan

Reaction score
Improvement

FYI, I did see some improved performance after I changed from a live wallpaper to static. #smh

solar

Reaction score
FYI, I did see some improved performance after I changed from a live wallpaper to static. #smh

You're probably right about static wall paper speeding things up. Especially if the wallpaper coding is wonky But if it worked well on the D1 with less RAM and less processing power, there is no reason the D2 shouldn't be able to handle it!

snowboarding1236

Reaction score

This is also an occurring issue with my D2, haven't seen a fix or anything to fix it yet.
(Rooted, and DeOdexed)

I thought it was only me and the other guy, but now i realized there is a good amount of people with freezing problem on the D2. I have not found a fix either.Also i dont want to give it back to verizon because all they would do it either say that is not in the warranty or they will give me a pre-owned with the same issue.
I rooted it thinking it will go faster but it didnt i even overclocked it,and it will still freeze so i unrooted because the rooting made the phone alot slower.
(I got the D2)

Dustin.

Reaction score

(Rooted, and DeOdexed)

I thought it was only me and the other guy, but now i realized there is a good amount of people with freezing problem on the D2. I have not found a fix either.Also i dont want to give it back to verizon because all they would do it either say that is not in the warranty or they will give me a pre-owned with the same issue.
I rooted it thinking it will go faster but it didnt i even overclocked it,and it will still freeze so i unrooted because the rooting made the phone alot slower.
(I got the D2)

I found a fix for it, but it lies within a custom ROM..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/angdroid/88017-green-roms-v1-vzw_2-4-5-base.html

Running Super Clean BS VA. No freezes, D2 runs smooth ALL the time, even stays at a cool temp. And its the release of the R2D2 software. Best ROM out for the D2 IMO!

solar

Reaction score
Custom ROM are always the answer, lol! I need to Root my D2, just haven't dont it since my D1. Does that ROM get rid of the Blur?

dakillasms

Reaction score
Droid 2 keeps freezing

Hey guys,
I just bought my phone on Nov 15 , last monday and It was working fine until yesterday when it started going crazy freezing on me. I had to remove the battery to reboot it and when I did it just froze again sooo basically I have the same issue and I read about the ROM suggested but I dont want to void the warranty of the phone or have it harmed in any way and would like to know of any solutions that might work or any feedback from ppl who used the rom to fix this "FREEZINg" problem...
Thanx

dakillasms

Reaction score
nooo not really it was working perfectly the first week and besides if it is then there are alot of them out there cuz this problem is pretty common as I have found in my search for a solution

mavfan

Reaction score
I was having major freezing issues. I think I read where advanced task killer wasn't necessary for a D2, so I never installed. Long story short: took my phone to the dealer, he suggested ATK. I installed. No more freezing.