Droid 2 freezing/locking up

Ataraxis

Reaction score
I have had my droid 2 for a few weeks now, and at random points it freezes up to the point text messages wont go through and i am forced to reboot. I am in a good coverage area in phoenix, az, and the phone loses signal completely when i dont even notice, no bars, no internet, and im missing calls and just getting voicemails, fresh boots and standing in areas i usually have good signal arnt helping. Should i swap the phone?

I have been reading up a lot on the samsung fascinate, and it does have a faster gpu and the screen is very vibrant. Would you trade out the droid 2 if given the chance, sacrificing keyboard for bigger better screen and gpu?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your D2 is definitely not behaving normally.

I'd do a data wipe (Settings>Privacy) and see if that resolves the issue (your apps and settings will all reload automatically if you enabled that). If you want to back up SMS/MMS you can use SMS Backup or MyBackup Pro. MyBackup Pro is worth getting regardless, IMHO. :)

If that doesn't help, call/visit VZW and get a replacement.

Fascinate is a neat phone, but is Bing-centric - make sure you understand what that means before you get one.

OP
A

Ataraxis

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply :)

Yes i read all about Bing, and i have been hearing a few different rumors and of course they are mostly all unconfirmed yet.

Android 2.2 update is slated to allow the use of only google search/navigate.

Launcher pro is also rumored to fix the issue, but if setting that to default as your home screen doesnt work, try dolphin hd as a different browser will remedy the issue for now..

Im all about the google phones, and i dont like that move samsung made, as long as theres a work around it may be worth using the phone. Yet emulated games with no keyboard, not so sure :)

Dragoro

Reaction score
Id do the 30 day replacement and get a new droid 2. I havent had any of the problems youve had, I think maybe you got a glitchy phone.