1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 forgets settings?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by xmguy, Nov 23, 2010.

1. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Since I got my droid 2 it will not keep settings. Ringtones, keybord selection, dock launch go to default. I have bootstrap and root. I can't figure out what is going on. I don't know if its a defective droid but it is very annoying.

EDIT: I found out it was Bootstrap/ClockWork mod starting on every boot. It was clearing something. I removed Clockwork Mod but left bootstrap so I can still backup and restore. But the author needs to address this. If there is no fix then put a command in BootStrap to remove the clockwork mod so settings are not lost.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid 2
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Are you saying that simply booting in to custom recovery is forgetting your settings?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  3. xmguy

xmguy New Member

What it was for some reason the apps being on the SD card was causing this. I moved my apps over (those I was having issues with) to the phone memory and it went away. Root or Bootstrap WAS not the cause.
Search tags for this page

keep droid bionic ringtone settings