DROID 2 Flyer: Rule the Empire with Iron Thumbs

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
29erfh0.jpg

Rule Your Empire, eh? Another Star Wars reference, anyone? I'm sure many of you have had enough with the DROID 2 leaks. This time, we have for you the latest marketing creation by Verizon: a flyer, showing off Big Red's new flagship device, the DROID 2. And it's accompanied by a less-than-stellar tagline, "with a NEW advanced keyboard." It looks like Verizon is trying to convince some original DROID 1 adopters to switch to the DROID 2. So there you have it, you'll be able to Rule the Air with Verizon's top-shelf 3G coverage, and you can now Rule the Empire with your fancy new DROID 2.

Oh, and if you were curious, "Coming soon" roughly translates to "August 12th" in Galactic Basic.

via Droid Life

FolsomFear

Reaction score
dam..... it looks like i got my droid 1 at a bad time......... oh well.... i can still rule the empire

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

xconwayx

Reaction score
What are people saying about the Dpad going to a standard computer arrow keys?

I love my Dpad, but hitting the alt key can be a little daunting for sending long and multiple texts.

camaro1173

Reaction score
Well what I would like to know about this new Droid 2 they are coming out with.
Will it be "root" able ?????
That is my big question, if so then it might be worth looking into to pick one up.

xconwayx

Reaction score
Well what I would like to know about this new Droid 2 they are coming out with.
Will it be "root" able ?????
That is my big question, if so then it might be worth looking into to pick one up.

The funny thing about that, is that they said Droid X could not be rooted! Not only did they root is ASAP, it's as simple as hooking your phone up and clicking one button. And another button to unroot.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
unlocking the bootloader is when the fun happens. A rooted device with a locked bootloader is useless to me : )

Still a great device. I like it........

camaro1173

Reaction score
unlocking the bootloader is when the fun happens. A rooted device with a locked bootloader is useless to me : )

So here is a question you probably heard at lest 35 to 100 times all ready but I have to ask. I thought if the phone was rooted then you could do what ever you would like to it.
So here is the question what is the difference between a rooted phone and a rooted phone with a locked bootloader ?

Kineo

Reaction score

So here is a question you probably heard at lest 35 to 100 times all ready but I have to ask. I thought if the phone was rooted then you could do what ever you would like to it.
So here is the question what is the difference between a rooted phone and a rooted phone with a locked bootloader ?

Locked = no roms
unlocked = roms

camaro1173

Reaction score

Locked = no roms
unlocked = roms

I see we need unlocked boot loader much better.
By the way nice Camaro that is a late 80's right?

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be interested to see this in person. Looks like a pretty nice phone. Was there ever any solid final info on the specs as far as processor and such?

TI OMAP 3640 @ 1GHz (ARM Cortex A8 w/ 45nm architecture)
512MB RAM

in other words, same specs as the DROID X... except the DROID 2 doesn't have 720p video capture.

Kineo

Reaction score

Locked = no roms
unlocked = roms

I see we need unlocked boot loader much better.
By the way nice Camaro that is a late 80's right?

Ya its a 1986 iroc-z28.

smcdo123

Reaction score
yes lol. My picture made it on two sites. I sent this in to droid-life.com and kellex emailed me back and was like woah whered you find this? Vzw store? Dark alley? lol im like no i dont have a good story, i actually was stuffing newpapers at work and it fell out of the one and i was like oh snap lol. :icon_eek: Snapped that with my new droid x

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes lol. My picture made it on two sites. I sent this in to droid-life.com and kellex emailed me back and was like woah whered you find this? Vzw store? Dark alley? lol im like no i dont have a good story, i actually was stuffing newpapers at work and it fell out of the one and i was like oh snap lol. :icon_eek: Snapped that with my new droid x

cool, thanks for sharing it :)

smcdo123

Reaction score

cool, thanks for sharing it :)

No problem they really just need to say the phones coming out its starting to bug me and i want to order it lol