Droid 2 Factory Anti-Glare Coating?

Droid998

Reaction score
I just got a droid 2 upgrade and noticed when I put on polarized sunglasses if looking at the screen straight on it turns purple. My droid 1 did not do this. Does D2 have a factory anti-glare coating on the screen? Anybody know or experience this.

Barristro

Reaction score
I just got a droid 2 upgrade and noticed when I put on polarized sunglasses if looking at the screen straight on it turns purple. My droid 1 did not do this. Does D2 have a factory anti-glare coating on the screen? Anybody know or experience this.

Mine does not do this. But, I have an aftermarket anti-glare screen protector (which I do not think would have any effect). Also, my current polarized sunglasses still allow me to read the screen at the gas station pump, while my old ones would turn it completely black. So, I'm not sure that they would allow me to see the UV protection purple.

Note: they are polarized, just somehow different than my last pair.

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
Anybody else experience this on a D2 without a screen protector?

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
Anybody notice a screen difference between the D1 and D2?

OP
D

Droid998

Reaction score
I'm critical on portable screens sometimes to critical but it seems to me on the D2 mine has some sort of permanent screen coating on it as i have to look at it more centered to get a prefect image than my D1. If I have a mostly white screen up and I tilt it forward and back the white changes color slightly nothing major but noticeable. I didn't notice this on my D1.