Droid 2 error and sbf fail every time! please help!

OP
S

sylar9326

Reaction score
oh sorry I didnt know where to put it in im new. any ideas about my issue?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That link I pm'd you was off that thread that brad92 posted. When flashing an sbf go back to the bootloader when it goes to reboot. It's up on the d-pad on the d1, I'm not sure if its the same for d2 but I think it is.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
S

sylar9326

Reaction score
i used the one you said it does the creating image file jumps to something called edl or fdl than fails

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man, since you have been having so many issues with that, I would really try using another computer.

SSX v2.0

OP
S

sylar9326

Reaction score
thats what I finally decided to do after working with it most of the day.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
thats what I finally decided to do after working with it most of the day.

Did it work? I have never had any issues with sbf'ing before, I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

SSX v2.0

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you are using the 2.3.320 Droid 2 sbf file, and you are running RSD Lite in administrator mode.

If that fails, download 1KDS' Linux sbf CD and burn it to a disc.

SSX v2.0

That is for the DX not the D2.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you are using the 2.3.320 Droid 2 sbf file, and you are running RSD Lite in administrator mode.

If that fails, download 1KDS' Linux sbf CD and burn it to a disc.

SSX v2.0

That is for the DX not the D2.

Yeah, we figured that out. I thought he had a Droid 2 version but I was wrong. I admitted that on the 2nd page

SSX v2.0

OP
S

sylar9326

Reaction score
so for those trying to help me i thank you all and sorry for the late response. it turns out that I dont know how to run rsd as an admin. or that when at the end process of doing the sbf you have to press the up key+ power button in order for it to say pass. If i am incorrect please let me know and if someone was to tell me how to make rsd under admin. work id appreciate that as well. thank you.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
If you're trying to sbf you need the 2.3.20 sbf FULL SYSTEM FILE not 2.3.3.20. To my knowledge there is no such file. Do not use the odexed/deodexed file as they will not work.

To run rsd lite as admin, right click on rsdlite, go to properties, check run as admin. It will run as admin everytime you start rsdlite.

If you're using the stock usb cable (the one that came with the phone) it will not say pass at the end of the sbf process. After you sbf (assuming its done correctly) the phone will reboot and show you the program screen like when you first pull it out of the box. Go ahead and program your phone normally and you'll be good to go :)

If you can, boot into stock recovery (power on and X at the same time, press search button on keyboard) and wipe data/cache.

PM me if you have any questions or need the 2.3.20 full system file.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: