Droid 2 dropped in water - used rice - put battery back in after - now sizzling noise

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by taylor9712, Feb 26, 2011.

  1. 252chevyboyz
    Offline

    252chevyboyz New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    Messages:
    2,031
    Likes Received:
    6
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    North Carolina
    I would also think that 99% would be best for electronics as it has a faster evaporation rate i would imagine
  2. NiceGuysFinishLast
    Offline

    NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2011
    Messages:
    748
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0

    I thought it was 70% and 90%, but regardless, yes, use the highest percentage you can find. The other 30 or 10% is water, so the less water you're putting in, the better.
  3. Inverse
    Offline

    Inverse New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2010
    Messages:
    179
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Portland, OR
    Why is everyone so impatient to turn it on after getting water damage? I mean, you're risking the phone being busted forever... so with that kind of time frame to consider, what's a week?
  4. Canadroid
    Offline

    Canadroid New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    That is awesome !

    If this ever happens to me I'm throwing some desiccant in with the rice too! :D
  5. Appleanche
    Offline

    Appleanche New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2009
    Messages:
    102
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Obvious reasons, their mind starts racing, they look over at their desk at the phone and eventually the temptation gets to them. It's sort of like leaving a christmas gift on your desk, sooner or later the temptation to open it is going to get you.. except in this case it's not so joyous.

    You're probably better off calling Verizon to see if they'll help you, I've read they sometimes offer you the 1 year contract price for a replacement, which still sucks ($270 or so?).

    Here is a clear place Apple beats out Android and Verizon, the service is so much easier to deal with. You drop an iPhone and have damage, you replace it for $200. Any model, any time. With Verizon you have to play the customer service roulette wheel and hope you land on one who gives a damn and is in a good mood.
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  6. kingsway8605
    Offline

    kingsway8605 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2010
    Messages:
    478
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    If the phone was on while in water the phone is dead. Rice only helps if the phone was off and you want to dry it out quicker. If current was running through the phone, the water made current go where it wasn't supposed to and no miracle product can fix components damaged as a result.

    Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  7. WugFresh
    Offline

    WugFresh Developer Developer

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2010
    Messages:
    592
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
Search tags for this page

droid incredible 2 dropped in water

,
droid incredible 2 fell in water
,
droid incredible dropped in water
,

dropped droid incredible 2 in water

,
dropped droid incredible in water
,
dropped droid phone is water hear it sizzling
,
dropped motorola triumph in water making static sound
,

dropped phone in water for a second

,
i dropped my droid 2 motorolla in water
,
phone fell in water and sizzling sound
,
phone sizzling
,
sizzling noise in battery. is battery or phone bad