Droid 2 Disassembled

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Hey guys, so yep i took apart my Droid 2, preety similar to the Droid 1, however minor stuff here and there. I also noticed the flip assembly now has star screws instead of the cross ones on the Droid 1.

dsc04720.jpg

dsc04721b.jpg

dsc04722e.jpg

dsc04724k.jpg

dsc04725y.jpg

dsc04726z.jpg

dsc04727k.jpg

dsc04728.jpg

And here is my Droid Family

dsc04732x.jpg

dsc04733c.jpg

And if you notice in this picture, i circled in red where on the main board seems to me like an additional memory slot? or something. If anything i have a feeling the R2D2 edition will have that slot filled up with something, maybe hardware wise the R2D2 will be different as well who knows. Any ideas though guys?

dsc047292.jpg

bandit82ta

Reaction score
Phone has only been out a such a short time and someone disassembled it. Props for the brave soul. dancedroid

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
Thanks guys :) Someones gotta do it sometime, so why wait haha, hope these pics help people with whatever info they may get use of.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I circled in red where on the main board seems to me like an additional memory slot? or something. If anything i have a feeling the R2D2 edition will have that slot filled up with something, maybe hardware wise the R2D2 will be different as well who knows. Any ideas though guys?[/B]

Most likely the Sim slot for the GSM version....

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn I wish I had the balls to do that lol! Kudos!

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
I circled in red where on the main board seems to me like an additional memory slot? or something. If anything i have a feeling the R2D2 edition will have that slot filled up with something, maybe hardware wise the R2D2 will be different as well who knows. Any ideas though guys?[/B]

Most likely the Sim slot for the GSM version....

True. It could be that, but i dont remember the Droid 1 having that open slot there, for the milestone to incorporate the sim in that area. I guess time will tell lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This thread was too good to not put in the news : )

Everyone loves a good disassembly lol

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
wow feels great to have my thread on there, :) Thanks! Glad to help, i would have done a video of it except i dont have a tripod, ill definitely get one for the next new release phone, but i know im looking to get my hands on the R2D2 and for sure will be taking that one apart as well.

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
One of my lines had the upgrade plus new every 2 (additional $100 off) plus i used discount code webch10 to get an additional $10 off.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the Original Droid with the "Confidential Motorola Restricted Property: Not For Resale" tag on it....Dare I ask where that came from

OP
P

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
haha yep its a nice phone, i dont know where the original owner got it from but yep.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
looks awesome. i hope the droid 2 gets unlocked by the r2-d2 one comes out. cause ill get that one and start to make some roms for it :)