1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 Deodexed App & Jar , & Media from Droid 2 System dump.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by eclsnowman, Aug 12, 2010.

1. eclsnowman

eclsnowman New Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. AtrusNex

AtrusNex New Member

Thanks for this. I'm really trying hard to see if I can get the blur camera interface ported, which IMO is the weakest part of a rooted Droid. Admittedly I have little clue of what I'm doing...
  3. docmars

docmars New Member

I'm just a budding Android developer -- so what purpose will this serve?

My guess is to port anything people like from the Droid 2 to other phones I presume? Could it also open possibilities for the hacking community to make specialized apps for the Droid 2 (as far as telephony goes, etc.)?
  4. AtrusNex

AtrusNex New Member

Possibly. But it's not that helpful for developers currently, since the phone isn't even rooted or the boot-loader unlocked. Without a deodexed ROM able to run on the Droid 2 it isn't really that helpful. Pretty much the main use now is for porting to other phones like the Droid.