Droid 2 Crashes Reproducibly with Car Dock

Droid2Doc

Reaction score
I took a long-distance drive with my Droid 2 as my GPS unit. I had a couple problems with over-heating resulting in inability to charge it, with the heat coming from both the sun as well as the Droid 2 itself with GPS turned on. However, the biggest problem was a reproducible issue that causes the Droid 2 to crash, requiring a soft reset to bring it back.

Here are the steps to making the Droid 2 crash:

1. Turn off the Droid 2.
2. Place it into the Motorola Car Mount for Droid 2. (Note: power adapter must be plugged into the Car Mount for this problem to occur.)
3. While the Droid 2 is in the Car Mount, with the car adapter plug connected, power on the phone.
4. Watch helplessly as your phone displays the Motorola logo brightly at first, then dimly, then does nothing else.

The only way to turn the phone back on is to remove the battery, count to 10, and replace the battery.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior with another Droid 2?

OP
D

Droid2Doc

Reaction score
Problem fixed after doing a Factory Reset from the Droid 2 settings menu, although I'd hate to have this happen again. It's a pain to resync all the contacts, apps, and reprogram all the settings.