droid 2 charging issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by jonmchugh, Aug 22, 2011.

1. jonmchugh

jonmchugh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, been having some problems with my droid 2 as of late. it is rooted running on a liberty rom. i think there is either something wrong with the charging port or the battery..not sure which one. It takes a while for me to get the phone to charge. I have to mess with the charging cable and get the droid in the right spot for it to charge. if i knock it loose or something like that it won't charge.... when i get it to work, it works fine. today at work, i have it charging and listening to online radio. when I got to work today it was at 80 & battery now it's at 15%. the phone is draining when it's charging. at least today anyways. I am up for a upgrade in november. the phone is not under warrenty. i may buy another phone on craigslist for the time being. any thoughts would be great.

thanks.

2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    The charge port is broken. The only fix is seeing a technician with soldering experience.

3. jonmchugh

jonmchugh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys, my phone has been dead for the last hour or so. I have gotten the liberty logo to turn on but it goes off right away. i have tried wiggling the phone around to a certain position but i am fearing that the phone is dead. it's the wieredest thing because it worked just fine last week and I just stated noticing the problem last weekend. well I am up for a 2 year renewal in novemeber, maybe verizon will let me upgrade early since my phone is completely dead. we'll see.