Droid 2 case that is cpmpatible with multimedia and car dock

Ryan524

Reaction score
I have recently upgraded tot he droid2 (from a backberry curve) and am looking for a case for the droid 2 that won't interfere with my ability to use the droid 2 in my multimedia or car dock, both the official motorla docks.

If not I would be looking for a case that kan slip on and off easily, maybe something like that pouch that comes with a blackberry curve that the phone just slides in and out of.

Any recommendation for such a case.

nhra1ss

Reaction score
I also have been looking for a case folr my D2. I don’t have the mutlimedia dock, but do have the Motorola car dock. Had some Best Buy gift cards to use and picked up a Rocketfish case Saturday. It works ok with the car dock once you take the insert out. I may still look at other case, but for now my D2 is protected.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

xCore

Reaction score
i'm on the same quest to find a case that fits in the dock as well as works with a holster.
so far i tried..
verizon gel case.. doesn't fit
rocketfish... fits.. a little loose.
verizon case with holster combo (hatched pattern)... fits, but is a little snug (best so far since it has the holster with it)

i was flipping through the DX forums and apparently they have the same issues that the D2 does and none of the accessories are quite compatible with eachother as well.

OP
R

Ryan524

Reaction score
Well I did find something called the innocase which is supposedly only 1mm thick (Innocase Surface - Black for use with Motorola Droid 2) but not having my phone or accessories yet I am unsure of how much room (if any) there is for a case, but if I had to guess i'd say this case might be the best bet, unfortuntatley I cannot find it at amazon or ebay so i'd just have to pay full price, but if it works I would pay it, its a nice looking case too.

Does anyone use this case with these accessories, or does anybody know how much space there is when using these accessories for a case.

But if this case doesn't fit i don't think you can find one that will since it only adds a totoal of 2mm thickness to the phone.

xCore

Reaction score
I ordered one of those too since they just went from "coming soon" to "now shipping". Now depending on what stage of "now shipping" they're in we should start to see them show up hopefully within the next few weeks.

OP
R

Ryan524

Reaction score
After some looking around I discovered that this multimedia dock (Motorola Multimedia Desktop Charger for Droid 2 - Droid Cradles) and this car mount (Amazon.com: Motorola Car Mount and Rapid Car Charger for Motorola Droid 2: Cell Phones & Accessories: Reviews, Prices & more) come with removable inserts to fit a droid 2 with a case, then instead of the seidio case, I found this case (Mobi Products Hard Shell Case for Motorola Droid 2 - Droid Hard Cases - Droid Forums Store) which appears to be very simular but about half the cost that I ordered. I also ordered a motorola micro usb car charger from Amazon and all told with shippings, tax, and everything spent like $100 on accessories, but hey I have a $100 mail in rebate on my phone that will cover that.

I am fairly certain that the case will fit the multimedia dock and car mount just fine with the inserts removed, but I will update you all in a few days when I get all this stuff. Amazon gives me free 2 day shipping and for my order here I chose two day shipping which costs about the diffrence between the seidio case and the case I picked out from the droid forums shop. I should also be receiving my droid in another day or two so before this week is up i'll be able to update you all on whether or not these docks fit that case.

VandyDroid

Reaction score
D2 case and car dock

I am new to using the droid. I have had the D2 for exactly a month. I bought the case that has a holster on it. You slide the D2, touch screen facing the back of the case, into it. I also bought the D2 car dock and if you remove the pre-installed case, the D2 fits perfectly in the car dock. I purchased the case and car dock at Verizon. :)

OP
R

Ryan524

Reaction score
The case I linked to is a little too big to work with the docks. Perhaps I should just stick with the official motorola case since that's what the docks say they are made to fit. Anyone know where to get one?

xCore

Reaction score
not sure i've ever seen an "official" moto case. as i and vanity stated the case/holster combo from verizon fits the cardock fairly well with the dock insert removed. i'm not crazy at all about the hatched pattern on the case/holster, but it works... for now.

shivermeister

Reaction score
Any updates on this from anybody...? Still wondering for sure if the seidio innocase fits the car dock and/or the multimedia station.

xCore

Reaction score
Any updates on this from anybody...? Still wondering for sure if the seidio innocase fits the car dock and/or the multimedia station.

it does not fit without slightly modding the case or the dock, which is not a big deal at all to do.l but as stated previously... the case from verizon with the hatched pattern on it fits better right out of the box than any of the others.

fastlt1

Reaction score
The one I got from Verizon the Shell/ Holster Combo. It is black rubbery hatch does not fit worth a thing. Part number is motdrdphoc. Where can you get the one they suggest for the multimedia station. SJYN0549

fastlt1

Reaction score
Had a good chat with motorola and verizon.
Verizon said they didn't make multimedia station to contact motorola.

Romella (Listening)
chat_agent.png
Romella: Hi, my name is Romella. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: I just bought a droid 2 global from verizon
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: At that time I bought the essentials pack and shell/ holster combo
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: the shell will not work the multimedia center
chat_agent.png
Romella: Are you referring to the carry case?
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: It says in the instructions to a protective case sjyn0549 but no one can find it or know what it is
chat_agent.png
Romella: We do apologize. Some comsumers reported that a thinner case will fit the device.
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: where do I get or find this case
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: verizon said to contact you guys
chat_agent.png
Romella: Motorola does not manufacture one. Kindly check with your service provider if they can refer you to a store..
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: what about the sjyn0549 protective it says in the directions for the motorola multimedia station
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: This is from your web site see attachment
chat_alert.png
File attachment upload has started.
chat_agent.png
Romella: Okay.
chat_alert.png
The file DROID2MediaStation_UG_US_68000202964-A.pdf (2355.13KB) was received.
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: see on the front page what I am taling about
chat_agent.png
Romella: We included the case or the screen protector on the instruction since most of the consumers are using the phone with it. But we do not manufacture the product.
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: Who manufactures the case you are advertising in you instructions
chat_agent.png
Romella: We are not advertising the product. We just include it on the instruction.
chat_agent.png
Romella: Kindly check other websites or stores for the availability.
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: So if I put in my instruction that the is a mystical head band that lets the droid read my mind and list a part number that is not false advertisment
chat_agent.png
Romella: Have you search other cell phone stores in your place? The case is only an option. You can still use the device without it and it works just the same.
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: False advertising or deceptive advertising is the use of false or misleading statements in advertising
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: But yes I'll try to find something can you forward this to your supervisor and let him please resond. Thanks for your time.
chat_agent.png
Romella: We are going to forward these to our technical department for reviews.
chat_agent.png
Romella: Is there anything else you want to be assisted?
chat_enduser_message.png
Brian Ramsey: Thanks.

xCore

Reaction score
The one I got from Verizon the Shell/ Holster Combo. It is black rubbery hatch does not fit worth a thing. Part number is motdrdphoc. Where can you get the one they suggest for the multimedia station. SJYN0549

did you remove the insert from the dock ?

Bigg5Deuce

Reaction score
I have the "black hatch" case that came with a holster and it fits both the car dock and the multimedia dock Perfectly - you just have to be sure to remove the inserts that are preinstalled in both docks