Droid 2 camera not saving pictures

newdroid2user

Reaction score
I don't know what happened. I'm not an advanced user, so I don't mess with settings and roms and all that other stuff. Everything is still pretty much at factory settings. My camer worked fine at first...well, the pictures seemed a little grainy and not as clear as I expected of this phone, but the camera worked and saved pictures. I went to take a picture of my daughter tonight and when I tried to send it to my hubby, it wasn't there. I've tried unsuccessfully for the past hour to figure out what is wrong and I got nothing. Is there a quick fix or do I need to take it back to Verizon?

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't know what happened. I'm not an advanced user, so I don't mess with settings and roms and all that other stuff. Everything is still pretty much at factory settings. My camer worked fine at first...well, the pictures seemed a little grainy and not as clear as I expected of this phone, but the camera worked and saved pictures. I went to take a picture of my daughter tonight and when I tried to send it to my hubby, it wasn't there. I've tried unsuccessfully for the past hour to figure out what is wrong and I got nothing. Is there a quick fix or do I need to take it back to Verizon?

What exactly do you mean by "it wasn't there"? Where did you look for it?
When you take a picture, I think it saves automatically.
Open the camera app, if there are any pictures that were taken with the camera there should be a little square in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
You can also use the files application and navigate to your SD card in the DCIM folder to see if there are any files there.

Droid2Chupacabra

Reaction score

This happened to me yesterday! I was in an accident...I took about 20 pictures and only 5 of them were there. It was random which ones saved as well.

bobby_v

Reaction score
Pictures aren't showing up in your image gallery or anywhere?

Droid2Chupacabra

Reaction score
Like I said, 5 out of the 20 pictures I took were in my gallery. Luckily, I didn't need the pictures. I guess if I take pictures from now on, I'll have to double check to make sure they are there!

bobby_v

Reaction score
Like I said, 5 out of the 20 pictures I took were in my gallery. Luckily, I didn't need the pictures. I guess if I take pictures from now on, I'll have to double check to make sure they are there!

Sorry . . . sometimes reading is hard. :)

You might try to connect your phone to a PC and import the pictures. The sync may find them somewhere.

Droid2Chupacabra

Reaction score

Sorry . . . sometimes reading is hard. :)

You might try to connect your phone to a PC and import the pictures. The sync may find them somewhere.

I might try that..thanks! I was just surprised that they were missing. There was almost no rhyme or reason to which ones showed up in the gallery.

pool_shark

Reaction score
The picture gallery is not very fast at updating. If you use the files application you should see the pics.

To update the gallery, I downloaded SDrescan.

angisdrunk

Reaction score
I JUST got my Droid2 and I haven't done much with it. I had an issue with my pictures showing up as a grey image and then when I clicked on it, they would not load.

So I downloaded SD Rescan. That worked for a few days. Now, I can't get my camera to save pictures what-so-ever.

What do I do now?

judd

Reaction score
I had that same issue, took pix then went into gallery to look at them, and it only showed a greyed out box. I rebooted the phone, (off/on) took more pix and they showed up in the gallery right away.

angisdrunk

Reaction score
But should I really have to turn my new droid2 off and on when I want to take pictures?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

engineerDJ1956

Reaction score
Yes, it's the same with my phone. Saved a video file...wouldn't play...tried taking a few photos. Gray folder with tag info, only no data. Turned the phone off/on...worrked again.