Droid 2 calender problem, wont open

Android11

Reaction score
my droid calender won't open anymore. I had previously gotten it up and running after having to sync it and all that stuff and it had been working fine. now all of a sudden when I press on the calender app or the widget, it opens up for half a second and immediately closes. I recently installed advanced task killer and im not sure if i killed the calender or not. I must have or something because its not working. is there a way I can un-kill it? and advice if that is not the case would be greatly appreciated too, thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The majority of experienced posters will tell you that task killers are not only not necessary, they can cause problems with your phone. Get rid of the task killer.

OP
A

Android11

Reaction score
Yah I actually did just uninstall it. I looked at some posts on it but I wanted to give it a try to see if it would help any with my battery problems cuz it dies in half a day on standby. I have all the stuff off but sync and brightness all the way down but idk. I'm guessing that maybe its the building I'm in that drains it cuz maybe its searching for signal constantly but idk. Now I un installed task killer and am still having problems opening the calender

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yah I actually did just uninstall it. I looked at some posts on it but I wanted to give it a try to see if it would help any with my battery problems cuz it dies in half a day on standby. I have all the stuff off but sync and brightness all the way down but idk. I'm guessing that maybe its the building I'm in that drains it cuz maybe its searching for signal constantly but idk. Now I un installed task killer and am still having problems opening the calender

OK….I'm going to assume you've rebooted the phone since removing task killer right? OK. You have checked your settings and made sure that your Google account is checked right?

If all that is set then your next step may have to be a factory data reset out of your privacy section. You won't lose your paid apps, you probably will lose the free ones. Sometimes both reinstall some people say but that's not my experience.