Droid 2 bricked?

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Okay... so I rooted my phone yesterday and everything was going fine until I tried to use something that obviously didnt want to work on my phone. Now whenever it turns on it does the start up animation over and over again. I can do the hold x thing and get that menu but all the options I have tried do not work. I didnt back up my phone because I am an idiot. I crazy need to be able to fix this. Is there any way to do so? Such as downloading something on to the SD card either from another phone or from an adapter and then putting it in my phone? ANY help would be appreciated immensely

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Okay... I rooted it like I said and installed metamorph. I downloaded a zip that was going to change the taskbar in to something cooler. I applied it and it went to reboot my phone. When my phone turned back on it just kept looping the droid startup screen. Im freaking out!

Dustin.

Reaction score
Did you have D2 Bootstrapper installed? And have you booted into Clockwork Mod before?

If so, when your phone boots up to the M logo, pull out your battery and pop it back in fairly quickly and try to get into CWM to restore a backup or flash another ROM.

If you did not have Bootstrapper installed then you will either a. Need to boot into STOCK recovery, wipe data and cache, then reboot to see if that works.

If this does not work, then you will need to SBF your phone back to health!

Sent from my DROID X.

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Well... how do I distinguish what is stock recovery? I have a screen where everything is blue. My options are reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition. I did not back up my phone, again because I am a know it all moron. And what is SBF because I honestly have no clue what that is

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're in stock recovery. Try the factory reset and if that doesn't get you straight you'll have to sbf which is a type of recovery that requires a PC.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Okay, not that it matters too much (because I am willing to do anything to fix this), but is that complicated? Also, this may seem stupid as well, but when it is like that I wont have to take it in to verizon will I? I should be able to just activate it, right?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya when you sbf it you'll basically have an out of the box new phone and activate it yourself just fine.

And although I've never done it I can say its not all that dificult.

tappin and a talkin

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Well then... I appreciate this very much. You guys are life savers. I do have one more question though... do you know of a reliable place that I can get those files so I can fix this immediately? Because just trying to look for stuff on my own is how I got in to this mess...

OP
S

superpopmonk

Reaction score
Tuesdays lesson? And yes, I need a reliable place to get the sbf stuff... whatever that may entail.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Follow that link. It has one lesson for every day of the week and Tuesdays lesson is on sbfs. It has a link to the tbh sbf for 2.3.2

tappin and a talkin

Manchild

Reaction score
Before you sbf, try to plug your phone into a wall charger while it is off. If you don't boot into custom recovery by just doing this, try waiting until the battery charging screen comes up(if it comes up at all; it might not), then pull the battery. Then unplug, replace the battery, power it up and it should boot into custom recovery. If you can get into custom recovery, wipe data and cache. Then try to flash a rom correctly (if you have one on the sd). Reboot. If it boots you are good. If none of this works or it still doesnt boot, do the following:

Go here:
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...rld-present-droid-2-2-3-20-triple-threat.html

Download the "full sbf file" and follow the install instructions for it, although they require you to be able to boot. If you cant boot, you basically link your phone to a computer via usb, hold the up arrow on the keyboard while you power it up (this is to go into bootloader; you have to have a mostly full battery to sbf though. Im not sure what percent you actually need, but if you don't have enough charge, you need to either buy a wall charger that your battery connects to without the phone or use a friends battery that is charged). Then using rsd lite (can also be downloaded in the link I provided) on your computer, select the sbf file and click start after you make sure it detects your droid(it should show up on the list). Make sure you have the latest drivers for the droid 2 installed on your computer.Then wait till its done and you are back to stock.

Sorry if that's kind of jumbled, but I think it makes sense haha.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App