Droid 2 bricked, tried everything, hardware issue?

OP
M

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Nope, it's the same. But you'll HAVE to use 4.8 or 4.9, otherwise it's no-joy no matter what you try to do.

I'm going to load it all up on another computer tomorrow and give it a fresh go with 4.9.

Just for clarification, what bootloader and sbf versions would you recommend when I start over on the new computer? I'm not sure if the phone has had any updates, or if its rooted. If I can get back to stock anything I'll be thrilled. Otherwise, its gonna be parts to fix a couple other droids....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

That SBF and whatever the official, latest bootloader is -- and I thought that was 2.35. I was under the impression, somehow, that the 2.37 was for the leaked 3.something version of Blur. :)

The 2 isn't my specific area of expertise, but I do know enough to get you hopping again if it's not a hardware fault.

OP
M

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Thanks, and I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

OP
M

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
That SBF and whatever the official, latest bootloader is -- and I thought that was 2.35. I was under the impression, somehow, that the 2.37 was for the leaked 3.something version of Blur. :)

Just checked my daughter's D2, and her bootloader is 2.37. So I'm going to load the 2.3.20 sbf onto that with version 4.9 of RSD Lite and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your input!

OP
M

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Nothing worked. This has to be a hardware problem. This Droid is going to officially be parts.

Thanks for all your help guys!

OP
M

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Nah...$70. Thought I could fix it yo have for a spare. Its mint other than the bricked thing...

:)

Thanks again friends!

OP
M

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Since I can't fix it with software, I decided to try hardware. I took the motherboard from a Droid 1 that I have laying around that had a busted screen and put it in the Droid 2, and Viola! It works! There are a couple keyboard mapping issues, but everything seems to work fine. Its going to hang around as my spare. :)

felixthecat1

Reaction score
Since I can't fix it with software, I decided to try hardware. I took the motherboard from a Droid 1 that I have laying around that had a busted screen and put it in the Droid 2, and Viola! It works! There are a couple keyboard mapping issues, but everything seems to work fine. Its going to hang around as my spare. :)

Not bad, a spare phone for $70 plus some old parts you had lying around. Good job, OP.

kevinpault5

Reaction score
man after reading this thread, you OFFICIALLY scared the crap outta me. i have been flashing my droid x only to come to error message in bootloader. thanks for your thread and giving me stolen ideas to try lol

Reaction score
Verizon OS update to .621

This is a shot in the dark. I don't know what you're using to sbf, but try using this instead:

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Everything you need is in that thread. If that fails let us know.

I'm also going to move you to the Rescue Squad. I don't know if you're rooted or not right now so I'll put you in stock.

This is reference to Droid X .621... DO NOT update... DO NOT. your phone will lose ROOT if you do...your screwed unless you can find .621. You can not drop down
to previous OS
I spent two hours looking for .621, It must be the Valid OS, other wise you will have a "paperweight"
I found it and pushed it to the phone. In addition Wipe does not work if you try and go into recover mode. I used the Reset to accomplish the same
thing... Picking up GPS and SD card, both did not function till I reset from Verizon app managment
Moral of the story. Verizon is getting a little to big for their britches

Here is the clincher. Verizon store told me to up grade to Nexus you can root that real easy. Its a developers phone,.. Get out the boy butter, its 250 dollars
and a renewed 2 year contract....
I am filing in Small claims court next week (UTAH)
Kurt
LSDcode.com
[email protected]