Droid 2 bootstrapper

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Is a droid 2 bootstrapper backup the same as a nandroid backup or a sbf? Or clockwork mod or whatever? For example, if I mess my phone up can I go back to a earlier time where it was working fine?

If so, say the phone wont boot, or is bootlooping, how would I get it to the droid 2 bootstrapper backup screen?

Thanks for clearing this up for me guys!

sent from my freshly rooted droid 2 global using droidforums app

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the droid 2 bootstrapper is a utility that gives you access to clockworkmod recovery. the backups made there are often referred to as nandroid backups, although iirc that may be a slight misnomer. yes the idea is to be able to flash back to a stable state but you won't always be able to get i to clockwork to restore your backup, i which case you would have to sbf.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
And keep in mind that if you do have to sbf, you can then reapply the D2 Bootstrap. I personally keep a copy of its apk and the z4root apk on my sd card at all times so I dont need to load the market and worry if it is going to try to go on a download spree and restore my apps. After re-rooting and re-bootstraping you can then boot in to Clockwork Recovery and then apply your nandroid back up so that you dont have to spend hours customizing your phone to get back to where you had it.