1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2 bootstrapper and Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by jdjbmedina, Sep 1, 2011.

1. jdjbmedina

jdjbmedina New Member

I apologize if this has already been answered.
    My question is can I use the bootstrapper on the gingerbread 2.3.3 to do a nandroid backup then be able to sbf back to froyo if needed? I keep hearing that the bootloader is locked on the latest build, is this true? and if so then what does that mean?
  2. bdsullivan76

bdsullivan76 New Member

The answer is yes. Look in the d3 forums for more info on rooting GB. Bootstrapper works the same

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  3. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

Bootloader being locked means we can't push unsigned software (custom recoveries) directly to the phone though methods like sbf. I proved that personally, caused a critical error on my device, which wasn't so critical. Otherwise, you can still sbf back as always.
  4. jdjbmedina

jdjbmedina New Member

Thank you that makes sense now. So I can still sbf to 330 if I want to.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums