Droid 2 bootstrap/recovery problem

Fera6037

Reaction score
Hey guys so I finally rooted my phone a few days ago and made a nandroid backup and such, but now everytime I restart my phone it boots into the recovery. I then have to click the reboot phone option to get it to boot normally. Then a moment or so after it boots up again it give me a pop up message that says bootstrap has been granted superuser permissions.. I'm guessing this is not supposed to happen on every boot up?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
right, bootstrap is suppose to do every other boot up. Now at times everytime you boot ur phone ill go into recovery...

anow a trick is to wait til it gets to the bootlogo and then do a battery pull. When you boot up again it should go into recovery.

OP
F

Fera6037

Reaction score
Ok but mine is booting into recovery every time. Are you're saying that is normal?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sometimes it does that as well. Open the bootstrap recovery app and click bootstrap again, sometime that helps.

OP
F

Fera6037

Reaction score
alright I will try that. Doing that won't mess with the nandroid backup or anything, correct?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
correct................

OP
F

Fera6037

Reaction score
Alright that's so much for the fast replies and clearing that all up for me. As a beginner in rooting I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly and that I understand everything that happens.
Thanks again

Reaction score
Bootstrap writes a new file to the system folder that tells it to boot into clockwork recovery the next time you reboot. It's SUPPOSED to delete this file when it finishes booting. Thats why Droid2Bootstrapper gets SU access when your phone boots up, because it's deleting a system file. That's why you're SUPPOSED to have to hit "bootstrap recovery" before you hit "reboot recovery". However, it often doesn't delete the file, so your phone goes into CWR every reboot. The solution is to delete the 2 files. I don't remember exactly what they are, but if you search for "bootstrap.ini" you should find a detailed post telling you what to do.