Droid 2 bootstrap ClockworkMod Recovery, can we update the version?

stingmisc

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Droid2bootstrap installed on my D2G. If I am not mistaken the clockworkmod recovery version is 2.5 something.

I google and I see there is a newer version which is 4 something.

is it possible to upgrade the version from 2.5 to 4?

second question, can we delete the droid2bootstrap and use the rom manager to install the custom rom?

thanks

jgregoryj1

Reaction score
Last time I deleted Bootstrap and tried to use Clockwork Recovery I had to SBF. My phone would not go beyonf the "M" logo. So even though the version is old, I wouldnt even attempt to update it. Its just makes a big nightmare.... hope this helps.

OP
S

stingmisc

Reaction score
ok. thanks for the info...

I will stick with droid2bootstrap.

thanks... now just crossing my fingers to wait for gingerbread....

hellajdm

Reaction score
Wait... what? I thought bootstrapper only helps the user enter CWM instead of having to turn the phone off and hold the Up arrow and power button... Two separate things I believe.

haro

Reaction score
cm4d2g n miui use rom manager to get into cwm
hexenROM use droid2bootstrap
they r not compatible

bfederspill

Reaction score
You need droid2bootstrap to get cm rom installed. Once you have cm do not reinstall bootstrap. You can use your power button to reboot into recovery to do the cm build updates. If you change roms to angel or something like that you need to spf back and use bootstrap and z4root to install the new rom. This is the way I do it and it works without any problem.

Sent from my "rooted" Droid 2 Global.