Droid 2 bootloop after loading cm7

havens1515

Reaction score
remember - once you are on CM7, you CANNOT use D2 Bootstrap to get into recovery. Press and hold the power button, select reboot, then select recovery.

It's worked for me :p

What worked for you, D2 bootstrap? If you are on CM7 and use the D2 bootstrap app, you WILL bootloop and have to sbf. It breaks the 2nd-init process.

aaricchavez

Reaction score
remember - once you are on CM7, you CANNOT use D2 Bootstrap to get into recovery. Press and hold the power button, select reboot, then select recovery.

It's worked for me :p

What worked for you, D2 bootstrap? If you are on CM7 and use the D2 bootstrap app, you WILL bootloop and have to sbf. It breaks the 2nd-init process.

I've only used it to go into recovery when flashing a new nightly.(That was before I discovered that I could just choose recovery from holding the power button)
I don't remember having any issues...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
With bootstrap? No way. That should send you into a loop. I'm not going to try it so... if it worked for you before, I wouldn't try it again

CM74D2 (build-40)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
With bootstrap? No way. That should send you into a loop. I'm not going to try it so... if it worked for you before, I wouldn't try it again

CM74D2 (build-40)

Loud and clear bro! I used to be scared even seeing it on titanium and once it dl from the market and as I rebooted to clean up the whole flash, the damn bootstrap was automatically granted su!!! I know I prolly didn't have to but I didn't feel like sbfing that day, so I happily uninstalled it.. I got it in titanium though.. sometimes my market will install like liquids and sometimes it won't. But it straightens out.. anyway! NO BOOTSTAPPING RECOVERY ON THIS ROM!! LOL
*Yup just flashed that one too!*

aaricchavez

Reaction score

CM74D2 (build-40)

Yeah, if it's not supposed to work I prob don't remember right haha
SBFing for me is worse than everyone else, cause I have MetroPCS so I have to reflash my phone each time I SBF cause it rewrites all the Verizon info.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
So, wait a minute, you can't use bootstrap to get to clockwork if your on CM7? Does rebooting while holding X bring you to clockwork or does it still bring you to stock recovery?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, wait a minute, you can't use bootstrap to get to clockwork if your on CM7? Does rebooting while holding X bring you to clockwork or does it still bring you to stock recovery?

No ..don't use bootstrap while on cm7 or any other 2nd init ROMs..just hit power then reboot then recovery..:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score

Yes, I'm pretty sure that rebooting while holding X will still get you into stock recovery (haven't had to do it in a while though.) As droid2drummer said, your best bet is to hold the power button, select reboot, then select recovery. You can also get into CWR from inside of ROM Manager. Either of those will work, but bootstrap will bootloop you because it will break the 2nd-init process.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

Do not use bootstrap with any 2nd init rom. Like it has been explained already, boot into recovery through either holding power and selecting recovery or through rom manager.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

siriusgamer

Reaction score
I see. Could you still restore from a nandroid if you were to use CM7, or would 2nd-init cause conflicts with that?