DROID 2 Boot Manager Support!!

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought id share with you all that Boot manager has support for d2 now! For those who dont know, it lets you duel boot up to 5 different roms on your phone. Heres the market link,

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.drx2.bootmanager

Its great for people like me who cant make up their mind between MIUI and cm7; its a lot easier than flashing every time im in the mood for something different.

MindArchr

Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought id share with you all that Boot manager has support for d2 now! For those who dont know, it lets you duel boot up to 5 different roms on your phone. Heres the market link,

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.drx2.bootmanager

Its great for people like me who cant make up their mind between MIUI and cm7; its a lot easier than flashing every time im in the mood for something different.

thanks for the heads up-I've been waiting for this! dancedroid

hond2

Reaction score
Couldn't get it to work with MIUI 9.30. Keep getting message about needing to be on a 2nd init ROM (during the very first step, set up phone ROM), which obviously I am. I already read the user guide, and will check out the devs official forum better later. Had to uninstall for now, 15 minutes comes around too quick for refunds. In the meantime, anyone here have any ideas? I know if I buy it again, there will be no refund option- so am hoping for positive feedback before I attempt this again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
F

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Couldn't get it to work with MIUI 9.30. Keep getting message about needing to be on a 2nd init ROM (during the very first step, set up phone ROM), which obviously I am. I already read the user guide, and will check out the devs official forum better later. Had to uninstall for now, 15 minutes comes around too quick for refunds. In the meantime, anyone here have any ideas? I know if I buy it again, there will be no refund option- so am hoping for positive feedback before I attempt this again.

You can only uses roms on that are one the same kernal. Also If you are on stock curently it wont work for you. If you want to use MIUI with it, instal cm7 gingerbread (or any rom that uses gingerbread kernal) over the OTA then set boot manager up with MIUI gingerbread. If you have any more questions please ask ill be glad to answer

The Albatross

Reaction score
edge.gif

this is awesome

hond2

Reaction score
You can only uses roms on that are one the same kernal. Also If you are on stock curently it wont work for you. If you want to use MIUI with it, instal cm7 gingerbread (or any rom that uses gingerbread kernal) over the OTA then set boot manager up with MIUI gingerbread. If you have any more questions please ask ill be glad to answer

Thats just it. Miui 9-30 is on the GB Kernel already(This was flashed over the OTA), and is a 2nd init rom so should have the same effect as cm74d2 GB. I never got to the point in the program to set up rom #2, was stuck at setting up phone Rom, getting message that it wasn't a 2nd init rom. I want miui as my main phone rom or else I would just try to slide cm7 in that slot.
I was wondering if it could be a problem caused by my using the latest cwm, the one with the blue font instead of the green. I realize everything needs to be done through boot manager, but something is keeping it from realizing I'm already on a GB 2nd init rom.

OP
F

floobmonsrake

Reaction score
Thats just it. Miui 9-30 is on the GB Kernel already(This was flashed over the OTA), and is a 2nd init rom so should have the same effect as cm74d2 GB. I never got to the point in the program to set up rom #2, was stuck at setting up phone Rom, getting message that it wasn't a 2nd init rom. I want miui as my main phone rom or else I would just try to slide cm7 in that slot.
I was wondering if it could be a problem caused by my using the latest cwm, the one with the blue font instead of the green. I realize everything needs to be done through boot manager, but something is keeping it from realizing I'm already on a GB 2nd init rom.

Hmmm, I think I know what your saying now. From my understanding your trying to get MIUI working as the phone rom. Im not quite sure whats causing your problem as the phone recognizes MIUI as a 2nd init rom when put on the first slot for me. I suggest eliminating some variables. If you dont mind, flash cm7 temporarily and see if it works then. If it does work on cm7 its probably a combatibilty issue and you should try to contact the developer (hear they are very active). If it doesnt work on cm7 try and eliminate other small variables like using the old cwm. Also I think there is a more recent version of MIUI out for d2, (ROM) Droid 2 Miui 1.9.30 (some of the widgets dont work right though)

NicT

Reaction score
U can use miui as the phone rom. You have to use. 23 .30 gave me the same problem.

Sent from my DROIDX