Droid 2 back to stock help.....?!

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
I'm rooted using fission rom and I need to get back to stock 2.2 android on my droid 2, no I don't have a backup, it was accidentily deleted. Maybe if I unroot? Will that work or just brick my phone?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm rooted using fission rom and I need to get back to stock 2.2 android on my droid 2, no I don't have a backup, it was accidentily deleted. Maybe if I unroot? Will that work or just brick my phone?

Well, you got to put the OS back in it for stock. So that means you need to sbf:

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Everything you need is in this thread and it's not hard to do. I've done it 3 times. Don't forget to install the drivers and good luck.

OP
T

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
So there is no way to do this from my phone? I'm not by a computer, thanks for your reply.

OP
T

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
If I can flash a rom without a computer I don't see why I can't do this without one? What the diff?

dankwizzydorf

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure about your situation, but if you can download a stock zip to your sd card and can boot into recovery, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to get to stock without a computer. Unfortunately I have no link to a stock zip, but finding one should only be a google search away. Of course this will not work if you cannot boot into recovery and wipe and install a zip from sd. Also, to truly get back to stock, you will need to unroot, which is not something I would ever want to do unless I had to return my phone. I'm not sure why you need to get back to stock. If I were you, I would flash liberty 1.5 and enjoy a phone almost uncontaminated by motorola (almost cus the bastards still have our bootloader locked). Good luck and I would love a link to the stock zip if you find one

FC127

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure about your situation, but if you can download a stock zip to your sd card and can boot into recovery, I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to get to stock without a computer. Unfortunately I have no link to a stock zip, but finding one should only be a google search away. Of course this will not work if you cannot boot into recovery and wipe and install a zip from sd. Also, to truly get back to stock, you will need to unroot, which is not something I would ever want to do unless I had to return my phone. I'm not sure why you need to get back to stock. If I were you, I would flash liberty 1.5 and enjoy a phone almost uncontaminated by motorola (almost cus the bastards still have our bootloader locked). Good luck and I would love a link to the stock zip if you find one

There is no "stock zip" for the D2 like on the DX. You will need to sbf while connected to a computer. Hookbill gave you what you needed to know.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
Well I did find a .zip for the leaked update to blur 3.0 but everytime I download it, it tells me the file size is only about 7mb. I guess I will just stick with my fission, and I've tried liberty I don't care for it really. Thanks guys for the help. If you figure anything else out that could help pls let me know .

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I did find a .zip for the leaked update to blur 3.0 but everytime I download it, it tells me the file size is only about 7mb. I guess I will just stick with my fission, and I've tried liberty I don't care for it really. Thanks guys for the help. If you figure anything else out that could help pls let me know .

The 3.0 leak has to be installed over 2.3.20. Your only option is to SBF using RSD Lite.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, you got to put the OS back in it for stock. So that means you need to sbf:

Everything you need is in this thread and it's not hard to do. I've done it 3 times. Don't forget to install the drivers and good luck.

It's the only way….do you not have a computer?

OP
T

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
Yes I do, just can't figure it out. Could you help?

OP
T

Tha.shxx88

Reaction score
Got it. But now im wondering if I should download the new blur... anyone using it? How is it?

dustyjerran

Reaction score

It's the only way….do you not have a computer?

you can alwasy have someone just creat a back up for you that u can restore and then un root