Droid 2 Apps

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Okay I know that someone out there has done this or knows if it is possible. What I want to do is move all my paid and free apps from the market that I had downloaded to my phone, put on my computer. So if the App has the option to move to sdcard, Is there a way to take it off the sdcard and put it on a computer as a extra copy incase my phone screws up and have to do a hard reset? Any thoughts would be greatly apreciated. I do know that google will automaticaly keep the paid and free apps in there data base but I have 3 Droid 2 phones and want to be able to pay only 1 time for a app to be able to load them on all my phones, is this possible?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the google server automatically keeps up with your paid and free apps. When ever you do a hard reset and log back into your google account it automatically start reinstalling.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the google server automatically keeps up with your paid and free apps. When ever you do a hard reset and log back into your google account it automatically start reinstalling.

pc747, I consider you a very knowledgeable person. But what you are saying isn't exactly correct.

Google does track your paid apps, that's absolutely true. But I've never seen it restore my unpaid apps completely. I've seen it restore a few which surprised me.

Also there have been times when I had to do the install of the apps myself. They were available in the Market in my downloads but they did not automatically restore.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Whenever I do a hard reset, as soon as I activate my phone and sync my google acct all of my paid and free apps begin downloading again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You right its not 100% but I must say that its getting better, I mean for the past 3 weeks I been wiping my phone a lot because of roms or changing phones and every app I installed is trying to reload it self. Now because the market is still buggy with it it just sticks, but as soon as you sign into your device and you go into the market and download you will see all your apps "trying" to install itself. Now because its buggy and slow because instead of installing one by one they all are trying to install at the same time I find it faster to cancel all of them and just use titanium backup.

Erebus671

Reaction score
You all are lucky, I still have yet to see my apps reinstall themselves perhaps that is because I am still running android 2.1, but that shouldn't have anything to do with that, although, the marketplace IS keeping track of my paid apps as well as my unpaid apps. I am happy about that.

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums App

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Even my wife's ally reinstalls all the apps on flash. Might be part of the backup assistqnt and google sync being done daily though...haven't had any issues. My data plan is a good thing to be unlimited. 40 apps a few times a week will eat up the cheap plan.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even my wife's ally reinstalls all the apps on flash. Might be part of the backup assistqnt and google sync being done daily though...haven't had any issues. My data plan is a good thing to be unlimited. 40 apps a few times a week will eat up the cheap plan.

Back up assistant has nothing to do with apps. Back up assistant is a Verizon thing, when your contacts return that's coming from Google.

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
I agree not all 100% of the installed apps redownload when you sync. But my question still is yet to be answered, Is there a way to put the apps on sdcard then put them on computer or just being able to transfer to my other phones instead of paying 3 times for the same app? If there is a way it would save me lots of money, I do understand that google is losing out as well. But I pay 90.00 a month just for the web on my 3 Droid 2's.

Goatastic

Reaction score
I have never personally tried to do it but I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to use titanium backup and then zip all the backups into one file. I don't know where titanium stores the backed up apps but I would try it and see if it works.

wyzzerdd

Reaction score
Mybackup pro makes a backup of all your apps then zips them. This zip file can then be moved onto your computer.

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Can someone explain the steps that need to be done in Titanium Backup to put some or all the apps to a update.zip? I have Titanium Backup Pro and I see that there is that option to do that, But im new to this software and not sure how to use it as of yet. Thanks very much in advance.

Erebus671

Reaction score
Dude, have you tried using the same gmail address on all the phones? It should work

Sent from my Milestone

OP
lloyd2398

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Dude as a matter a fact yes I have but you cant have 2 gmail accounts and have apps sync to them both on 1 headset come on you should know this.