Droid 2 and Facebook Updating

demiseend

Reaction score
I'm wondering what do I have to do in-order to get updates on my phone from facebook like instant, like if someone messages me or add's me how do i make it pop up right on my phone, I added my facebook account to my droid to but I just don't receive anything.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what do I have to do in-order to get updates on my phone from facebook like instant, like if someone messages me or add's me how do i make it pop up right on my phone, I added my facebook account to my droid to but I just don't receive anything.

After a short experience with facebook when I got my Droid i closed my facebook account. If IIRC though updates were pretty quick. I suppose you're looking for an instantaneous message, don't know if it can do that. I imagine that it searches every 5 minutes.

That might be quite a strain on your battery if it's just that. I'm not sure I'd want instantaneous alerts if I had a FB account.

Not much of an answer, I know but it does bump the post if nothing else.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with Hook on this one - it would be quite the strain on your battery - plus with the Native Fbook App the shortest refresh interval is thirty minutes - I have mine set to -Never- and then I just check it periodically throughout the day

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
D

demiseend

Reaction score
well battery im not to worried about, just wish like if someone posted a comment on my wall it would pop up on my phone hey you got a comment, but on the facebook app for android it says 30 min refresh intervals is the lowest it goes. Irc idk about all that.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well its far more lo-tech but you can go to the fbook website and set up text notifications.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Pudge

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read somewhere that Tweetdeck automatically pushes notifications to your device instantly for facebook and twitter.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use tweetdeck and the fbook app and neither of then seem to be as reliable as my text message updates. But I would definitely try tweetdeck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I have facebook updates to my google mail account. It sends me an email instantly. I set my fb notifications for never now and save batter that way.