Droid 2.2 vs 2.21

deadbeds

Reaction score
Our company said that my phone with 2.2 does not meet the security they require, but 2.21 does. Is there a way for me to upgrade to 2.21? Right now they make me use a BB

Kelly Dwayne

Reaction score
Hello dead beds!

Try to mention your mobile name with model because it will easy to suggest you further more update with your version.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
If you are using an original Motorola Droid you can install the FRG83D update, which is 2.2.1. I think you will have to root first as I don't know where you can get the official frg83d update. To root follow this guide: Root Droid 1. Then you can get the stock FRG83D from a variety of places, metiCkone has it here: Rooted | Stock | Odexed & Deodexed | FRG83D.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
Actually I think on Pete's page he has the download for the official signed update to 2.2.1 (FRG83D) available for download so you don't have to root. You can get it at his download page here: Peter Alfonso Downloads. It is the bottom file FRG83D from FRG22D. You should be able to install it by renaming the file to update.zip and putting it on your phone's sd card then you can install with the default Motorola recovery without rooting. Here is a good guide from when 2.1 rolled out: Update installation instructions, just follow the same instructions using the newest file from Pete's site.

Last edited: