Droid 2.2 OTA and SPRecovery

Blackninja543

Reaction score
Hi, just joined to hopfully figure out this little problem Iv been having with my droid. A little while ago I flashed sprecovery and rooted my droid. Before that I had created a backup using SPRecovery so I could unroot my droid at will if needed. When I hear 2.2 was out I decided to unroot my droid and turn off the overclock in the same process. That all worked fine and my droid was no longer unrooted.

Here my real problem now, I cannot apply the manual update for 2.2. Whenever I attempt it I get a status 7 error (apply_patch_check), followed by a long boring hash value. I have tried 2 factory resets and this point and still get the exact same error. I eventually waited for the OTA release of 2.2. It finally came and I attempted that update. The problem with this is SPRecovery will not allow the update since using the update.zip is turned off by default. When in sprecovery if I turn updates on, then attempt the installation, it says there is no update there.

Two Questions:
1) Is there a way I can set the allow check to true in sprecovery to allow the OTA update.

2) If 1 is possible or not, Why the hell do I continuously get this status 7 error, and could this occur even with the OTA update.

Thanks

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Hi, just joined to hopfully figure out this little problem Iv been having with my droid. A little while ago I flashed sprecovery and rooted my droid. Before that I had created a backup using SPRecovery so I could unroot my droid at will if needed. When I hear 2.2 was out I decided to unroot my droid and turn off the overclock in the same process. That all worked fine and my droid was no longer unrooted.

Here my real problem now, I cannot apply the manual update for 2.2. Whenever I attempt it I get a status 7 error (apply_patch_check), followed by a long boring hash value. I have tried 2 factory resets and this point and still get the exact same error. I eventually waited for the OTA release of 2.2. It finally came and I attempted that update. The problem with this is SPRecovery will not allow the update since using the update.zip is turned off by default. When in sprecovery if I turn updates on, then attempt the installation, it says there is no update there.

Two Questions:
1) Is there a way I can set the allow check to true in sprecovery to allow the OTA update.

2) If 1 is possible or not, Why the hell do I continuously get this status 7 error, and could this occur even with the OTA update.

Thanks

as long as the update.zip is on the sdcard you can allow it. go into a menu like install or install zip from recovery. then allow update.zip and install update.zip. sorry i use clockwork and forgot the layout of sprcovery.

OP
B

Blackninja543

Reaction score
The problem isn't that it cant find the update.zip, in the OTA update I dont think it really even exists. The reason I think this is when I attempt the OTA update sprecovery rejects it as if it where an update.zip that I did not set to allow, however when I go to the update function, allow update.zip and then try to install from update.zip theres nothing there to update from.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
The problem isn't that it cant find the update.zip, in the OTA update I dont think it really even exists. The reason I think this is when I attempt the OTA update sprecovery rejects it as if it where an update.zip that I did not set to allow, however when I go to the update function, allow update.zip and then try to install from update.zip theres nothing there to update from.

if your rooted with sprecovery why not just install a rom. verizons update will never be as good as a rom. but if you really want to update to the official update heres a link to the update http://www.nexeo.net/android/FRG01B/update.zip though i dont suggest doing that i suggest going with a rooted version or a custom rom

OP
B

Blackninja543

Reaction score
Well I downloaded your Insanely Clean rom v1.3 and ran it as an update with no errors. However how long after reboot should I expect to wait on the new ANDROID loading screen? Iv been waiting for about 5 min last time I attempted any roms(OCing), it took about 30 sec. I know since this is the entire image it will take longer but any idea how much longer?