1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 2.2 Decide My "SetCPU" Configuration - Lots of Pictures

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by M3-ADDICT, Jun 22, 2010.

1. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT New Member

Greetings Guys,

I just finally pulled the plog and followed ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...royo-step-step-installation-2.html#post528613 ) and got the 2.2. I didn't have SetCPU, so I downloaded and now I'm totally confused on how to set this. I've taken pictures for you guys, to see. I hope you can tell me what to set each item too. Below is little about my use, and what I'd like to get from the phone.

Phone Use:
    I do quite bit of text, a few calls, no E-mail, and Web-Browsing is to minimum. What I like is, not a jittery OS use. I want everything to be fast and efficient. On the other hand, I don't want to over clock too much and use lose good battery life. My phone is brand new and on the 2.1, I had to charge every 24 hours. I'd like something like that, give or take a few hours. My 2.1 seemed to be extremely fast.

You be the decider for my SetCPU, Thanks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

To start...Click the Settings button and chose detect device. Select auto detect. Then click "Set on Boot" and slide that top bar over to the right. I seem to get good results from 800mhz. You play with settings until you find one that works and get on with life from there.

Nate
  3. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT New Member

How about the Profiles? Those are all off, do I have to set those individually and if so, what are the best recommended setting for my use?
  4. hahn

hahn New Member

I would just make sure that the failsafe profile sets it back to 600 or 500 when its temp rises too much. Other than that it is all about how you use it. Does it do stuff on standby? If yes make it higher, if no, make it lower to reduce power consumption. Do you use it when charging? If yes make it really high, if no, let it sleep peacefully .... so forth.
  5. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

You finally made the switch? :)

You don't need to have profiles set unless you want to run lower clock speeds as your battery level goes down. If you do want to set them you can get lower the clock speed one slot every time your battery drops 25% if you want. You can also just set your settings so that you have the same Max/min clock speed all the time. You don't really need to overclock since your not doing CPU intensive stuff.

Sent from my Droid
  6. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT New Member

Lol, are you proud? I clicked the Enabled Data, waiting for my plan to replenish and see if it actually works.

Ok on to the SetCPU. So for normal day to day use, is it good to leave it at Max 550000 and Min 125000 and just click the Set on Boot? I have already done the Automatic Detect as well.
  7. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

No its just a whole different Droid with root vs stock unrooted Droid. You should check out themes for froyo and see if any catch your eye. Yeah 550 MHz is good, just like a stock Droid. You shouldn't see any performance decreases, hopefully you will see increase in performance from 2.1 to 2.2.

Sent from my Droid
  8. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT New Member

Didn't quite understand the bolded areal. Could you elaborate. Where do I find such themes?
  9. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

What I mean by a different Droid is you can easily customize your Droid to what you like. For example there are many roms that have different themes installedon them. Instead of the vanilla notification bar you can have black, pink, blue, or whatever color you choose. You can have customized icons, keyboard, and much more. You can find themes in Droid themes sub forum on Droidforums. You can find customized roms in custom roms sub forum. I would check out kangerade by jrummy, in the jrummy forum of custom roms,as it has 3-4 different colored themes.

Sent from my Droid
  10. jbg25

jbg25 New Member

M3

SetCPU helps you manipulate the speed of your phone based on its kernel. The stock phone runs no higher than 550Mhz...but I know many people that have run their droids as fast as 1250Mhz (or 1.25 Ghz). My phone cant handle the 1250Mhz kernel...and I still saw some strange behavior with the 1200Mhz. But the 1100 MHz worked great for me.

Since going to Froyo, I have tried something new. With all the ne JIT processing and the speed increase from that. I am underclocking. I still get the battery life of 2.1 but the speed increase from Froyo.

as for themes for the droid, there is a whole section for that and there is some great stuff...including the option to customize yourself. I like to edit my live wallpapers and use nextheme on my phone...has a whole different look than a stock droid as you can see in my sig below.
  11. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT New Member

Hmm, looks like I didn't really even need this SetCPU, I just followed the Step by Step instructions so that's why I paid. I just don't want to over work the phone, I tend to keep my phone for a while. I also don't want it to be slow, and it would be piss me off. I thought this is what this app does.
  12. dmartins

dmartins Member

I keep mine this way so it doesn't over heat or lower the CPU's life span.(70s at 5:30AM, 80s by 10AM, 90+ by12PM)
    It's in the high 80s now at 9:18PM and will be that way past 12AM.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  13. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT New Member

I did mine exactly like yours. How do you like this setting?
  14. dmartins

dmartins Member

Never ran into any problems with it this way.
    It's still a lot faster than 2.1.
  15. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT New Member

Good, hopefully it's the same way for me. How's your charge like? Once every 24 hours?
  16. Abadus

Abadus New Member

I do 250 - 800 as default

250 - 400 while stand by.

250 - 500 if below 31% (so it kicks in at 30%)

and failsafe temp of 46 C clock at 250 - 400

Seems to work just fine. After 800 I don't really notice much of a speed increase except in benchmarking. That and maybe big downloads.
  17. rjm5151

rjm5151 New Member

did the update a few days ago and just tonight got setCPU and put chevys 1.1 MV kernal on there. So it detected it at 1100 Mhz and i tried to pull up a couple websites in the browser and the phone flew.

So just curious did you notice a significant speed increase from 550 ---> 800
  18. craighwk

craighwk New Member

I noticed a real nice bump in performance going from 550 to 800 and then 1000. Animations are a lot smoother for me, anyway. Could be the combination of the overclock and the ROM i'm using.

I will add that I think 250 is too low for phone idle. I found that I was missing a lot of calls, roughly half of them. I would never hear the phone ring, it would just indicate when I got a voicemail and that I missed a call.

Setting the lowest setting to 400 has resolved those issues from what I can tell so far. Just my experience.
  19. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Interesting. Yesterday I almost got a call. A little vibrate then it stopped. It was idle in my shirt pocket. Turned out it was my wife trying to reach me. I'll have to review that setting again. What do you have it set at?
  20. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

1 Ghz Kernel with the following settings.

1 Ghz Max / 250 Min

Profiles:

Less than 51% 800Mhz
    Less than 31% 500-600 Mhz (whichever slot the kernel has)
    Less than 21% 400 Mhz

Sleep 250/250
    Charging 250/400
    Failsafe temp. 45.8c drop to 250 / 500 - 600 (whichever your kernel has)

Advanced:

Refresh Interval: 50000
    Threshold: 75

There ya go!
Search tags for this page
setcpu best configuration

setcpu configuration