Droid 2 2..3.1.5 update

patchm00

Reaction score
Hmph, that makes me a bit mad :) I wonder why as soon as I added the corp sync account it asked to create PIN and the NONE setting was greyed out jus tlike 2.2. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Your company may require a PIN.

Nope, it doesn't. And he said he NEVER had the PIN Bug which has not been the case with anyone else i've seen on any forum other than one other guy.

Hmmm, in anticipation of the new 928 BLACK GLASS 2315 update I tried 2315 again and this time when i added corp account it did NOT ask for PIN creation and I am using it with sync to my exchange server without a PIN requirement. Interesting.

ttlycnfuzd

Reaction score
Hmmm, in anticipation of the new 928 BLACK GLASS 2315 update I tried 2315 again and this time when i added corp account it did NOT ask for PIN creation and I am using it with sync to my exchange server without a PIN requirement. Interesting.

Interesting indeed.... Did you change anything on your OWA profile like Red had mentioned before?

patchm00

Reaction score

Interesting indeed.... Did you change anything on your OWA profile like Red had mentioned before?

Nothing at all. I am pretty sure I did it by the book in the order the instructions say both times.

TG617

Reaction score
So I have a stupid question. I installed it once and everything worked great except my camera wasn't working. So I went back did all the steps again but this time I formatted. The first time all my apps and everything was installed the way I had it. Now this time obviously because of the format nothing is there. Is there a way to get all my apps back? Root and Koush Bootstrap are gone. I did a backup before doing the update will that help? Thanks!

Edit: All apps are back (it took a good 40 min) But looks like I'm no longer rooted :( Now I have to go through that process again... Did I do something wrong the second time when I formatted or is this how a format works? I know it wipes everything but I though you were able to restore your root. It restored my apps which is cool...

Last edited:

patchm00

Reaction score
So I have a stupid question. I installed it once and everything worked great except my camera wasn't working. So I went back did all the steps again but this time I formatted. The first time all my apps and everything was installed the way I had it. Now this time obviously because of the format nothing is there. Is there a way to get all my apps back? Root and Koush Bootstrap are gone. I did a backup before doing the update will that help? Thanks!

Edit: All apps are back (it took a good 40 min) But looks like I'm no longer rooted :( Now I have to go through that process again... Did I do something wrong the second time when I formatted or is this how a format works? I know it wipes everything but I though you were able to restore your root. It restored my apps which is cool...

I think maybe the format did it. I have put 2315 on my phone a few times now and once I lost root too and I think I may have done the format the first time. Luckily, getting root back is about as easy thing as there is now. One of the easiest is located Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows / Linux / Mac - xda-developers

Good luck

TG617

Reaction score
Yeah I used that method this morning. Works great.

I did have the battery manager issue. Went in to clear the cache and it was greyed out so wasn't able to. Rebooted the phone and it worked again. Weird.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the battery manager FC go away and then return, so if you don't see it once, it may not mean that it's gone...

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hey so can someone using this confirm or deny if the wifi problem is still there

The problem with reconnecting when coming back from screen being off? If so I had it in 2.3.1.5 but do not in 2.4 R2-D2 ROM.

imtheconvict

Reaction score
so what else is changed id like the wifi fix but im not really into the whole c3p0 on contacts

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
so what else is changed id like the wifi fix but im not really into the whole c3p0 on contacts

Not sure what else yet besides the graphics. I have a very clean version with no blur widgets, most blur gone, original text, gallery and couple of other things if you want. I am working on converting the r2-d2 back to original droid2 form with no cp30 in contacts for the full ROM. What I have now is kind of bare...no email but for gmail and no corporate stuff. If you want that I can post that soon or you can wait till I am done converting total ROM.