Droid 2 2..3.1.5 update

patchm00

Reaction score
I had the update installed for approximately 30 minutes. The main thing I liked was moving the unlock swipe up a bit. My main issue with Froyo on the D2 was that PIN SYCN bug with corporate email and they didn't fix it with this update so I restored my nandroid backup (stock rom with root) and deodexed then added 928Droid theme and am loving it. Did have a random reboot this am which I hadn't had in a while (just added 928 theme last night).

Yea... no CoprSync pin issues for me... My exchange syncs well anyways.

Does that mean you do NOT have the sync pin issues with the update?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does that mean you do NOT have the sync pin issues with the update?

Sorry... Never had the Pin issue from the beginning, and this update didn't change that....

Really? All three below are true?

1. You have an exchange email account set up on your D2
2. Your company does not enforce a PIN requirement
3. You didn't have to set up a PIN when you added your Exchange email account?

That would be a first, AFAIK...I had thought that issue was universal on the D2.

ttlycnfuzd

Reaction score

That would be a first, AFAIK...I had thought that issue was universal on the D2.

That is correct... I was crossing my fingers about that, but so far, no pin issues... (knocks on wood)

patchm00

Reaction score

That is correct... I was crossing my fingers about that, but so far, no pin issues... (knocks on wood)

Hmph, that makes me a bit mad :) I wonder why as soon as I added the corp sync account it asked to create PIN and the NONE setting was greyed out jus tlike 2.2. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hmph, that makes me a bit mad :) I wonder why as soon as I added the corp sync account it asked to create PIN and the NONE setting was greyed out jus tlike 2.2. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Your company may require a PIN.

ttlycnfuzd

Reaction score

I have a slight theory on that... Looking at the thread that Redflea had mentioned regarding a possible fix for that issue (about logging in, options, phone.... etc), I do not have the options for adding or removing a "phone" for my OWA account. I know that my company runs Exchange 2003, which could play a major part in that. Perhaps the pin/phone setups were done in Exchange 2007 or greater? I also know that on my server, there are no "Mobile Services" setup....

{edit} More digging reveals that may be more of the issue... With Exch2003, no Mobile Device options exist. That came with 2007... more details in this article http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/05/30/439568.aspx that may help... might even give you a pin should you need/want one....

Last edited:

Bishang

Reaction score
I took my phone to the Verizon store.. and they tried to flash the software onto my phone and couldn't lol. I don't think they really knew what they were doing anyway haha.. but now I'm waiting for a replacement phone. I think I'll just wait for the OTA update on my "new" phone before I try to root it again lol.

patchm00

Reaction score

Your company may require a PIN.

Nope, it doesn't. And he said he NEVER had the PIN Bug which has not been the case with anyone else i've seen on any forum other than one other guy.

slowtype

Reaction score
Anybody else having an issue with battery manager force closing when trying to view it with this build? happens to me most of the time and appears to fix itself after being plugged in ocassionally but then starts happening again. There's a few threads about it in the droid x forums too. I haven't seen any solutions as of yet.

A solution was posted a few pages back...delete the data and cache for battery manager from Applications in settings...

I'm still having issues with the battery manager. Clearing the cache and data does not solve the issue.

slowtype

Reaction score
What will happen when the actual OTA update is released?

Will I be able to get it OTA if I have this leaked one installed?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
What will happen when the actual OTA update is released?

Will I be able to get it OTA if I have this leaked one installed?

Likely it won't be offered if you have this installed and version is the same...but when an official release is available, it will likely be available as an download you can update your phone w/from this and other forums...you have more control that way, better IMHO.

bdizz07

Reaction score
I was just gonna ask that ? about the update through the phone. I know the D2 have the option under settings you can click software update and it says, "this phone is currently up to date". I think itll be there when the new software comes out for those without the rooted phones.

everstar80

Reaction score
I know that I have posted this before and I looked through the pages and maybe overlooked it but does anyone have an idea of when the offical ota update will be released?

hyatari

Reaction score
Protected apps not showing in the market with this build. Mlb atbat for instance.