Droid 2.1

bigdaveberg

Reaction score
Hello i just recently rooted and went to install bugless beast v1. that asll worked wel but when i went and installed smokedglass it was FCing on me. So i went and droped back to 2.0.1 and updated to 2.1 well something screwed up and the phone was deactivated. I called VW and they gave me instructions to fix it. They involved the MIN # , MY number,Signal(thingy) # and then i updated the roaming, and viola!

The up side is i guess now the old rom(don't quote me) left info on it, and now i have 2.1 rooted acces. I can't figure out how it is still rooted. I did factory reset, and the 2.0.1 sbf file and update.zip, a link for the oem one.

So idk how the phone is rooted. Any ideas. And what rom do you reccomend?dancedroid

Krish

Reaction score
You could flash a stock rom without root (you will lose root). Im sure its floating around somewhere here. Bugless Beast v1.1 is pretty nice with overclocks so is cyanogen 5.0.7. If your phone gets deactivated or something you could try pressing *228 and then option 1 to reactivate it and option 2 for updating roaming. If you want to do a fresh install without any previous info you should back up your rom before flashing a new one from Nandroid and do a wipe of system, and cache before installing the nandroid backups.

P.s. Android 2.2 froyo is out to play with if you want to check that out aswell.

OP
B

bigdaveberg

Reaction score
I did do the 228 and both options and it didn't work. Like i said i had to redo the numbers above as mentioned. The tech told me to call the programing menu, which i wish i wrote down the instructions to get to the menu. I do remmber the spc code to get through. It would be nice to know the programing menu number.
Anyways i am sitting nicley with 2.1 rooted, and my cousin who has a eris is going to help me a bit wirh froyo.(because i am a newb and just got the darn phone)
I understand the basics of rooting. But that smokedglass messed me up.
So any ideas on the programming menu #?
And is there a way to enable the wifi with froyo?

Last edited:
OP
B

bigdaveberg

Reaction score
K thanks. I will look into that link. I hope I have before work.
Will post back after completion:icon_ banana:

OP
B

bigdaveberg

Reaction score
Ok, got FROYO on my phone and flash player and wifi and best of all. quadrant score of 1526 with 11000 kernel.
Stable. but i have noticed that once in a while 3g signal will be lost and 1x will be there. was not happening before but it may be from the weather.:blink::stupid:
How do i install different boot animations now?