Droid 2.1 Manual Update Red Logo Loop

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by lyndyw270, Apr 5, 2010.

1. lyndyw270

lyndyw270 New Member

I tried to help my friend today at school by putting my sd card with the used 2.1 update and when I applied it his phone would not reboot and was stuck on the boot screen with the red eye.
    It would great I could get it fixed for him. Thanks in advance for the help.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum. Did he have a launcher installed in there? I understand that one of the launchers are causing issues.

If you've already tried pulling the battery and that didn't help (at least 30 seconds) then the best thing he can do is go to Verizon. It's their update if it screwed up his phone it's their fault.

This is the launcher I'm talking about: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ve-launcher2-before-updating-ese81-2-1-a.html
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  3. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

When you went into recovery and applied the update it was successful?
  4. lyndyw270

lyndyw270 New Member

I tried the battery and the update was successful according to the phone. I tried it twice on his phone and it did the same thing. The weird thing is that it was the same update i used for my and my dads phone.
Search tags for this page

htc incredible 2 screen red circle and two dots

manual for the 2010 htc incretible