Droid 2.01 Firmware New Unlock Screen Generates Heated Discussion

rocketman45

Reaction score
Smokin, the screen should wake up just by moving it away from your face. There is a sensor for this that darkens the screen when you place it next to your face and vice versa. You shouldn't have to unlock again

thaJack

Reaction score
I think it is so funny that so many people are claiming to like the "rotary style" better. I guess they didn't realize that only the graphic looked like that. You could unlock it by simply swiping your finger directly from left to right.. not in a semi-circle motion.

ericwiz

Reaction score
Hmmmm

new one unlocks - old one unlocks

new one mutes - old one mutes

er....

What am I missing>?

db83

Reaction score
The issue is not the functionality but the aesthetics. I, like many here, liked the old graphic of a hemi-circular path for the unlock/mute icons. There really isn't much of a point to argue this as everyone will have their opinions on whether they like the old or new, and even less so for people with no opinion. Who knows? maybe developers will hear our opinions and put an option in t he future.

nyyfan

Reaction score
i like the new one even though they both were fine in my book. it would be really cool to have more customization options though. sometimes something new is good.

droid100

Reaction score
I like the new one. I find that the slide across is easier than the arch. While I would like the clock centered, it's not a huge deal.

Anyone else notice that the numbers are stacked vertically for a split second when you go to wake it up?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
It doesent really matter to me, but an option between the two would have been nice.

Still nothing to get all worked up about though...its a slide screen guys, chill out.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If I was programming the update....I would of swapped directions:icon_ devil:

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Still nothing to get all worked up about though...its a slide screen guys, chill out.

But the old one was more "intuitive and ergonomic for the thumb" :r_c:

I agree, cant believe ppl are getting in a twist about a lock screen.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I didn't really notice much of a difference. But then I don't know what color the living room walls are either.

souljerr

Reaction score
Don't really care one way or the other.

I can see a bunch of people trying to unlock the phone by pressing their faces against the screen and dragging to the right. Please don't...