Droid 2.01 Firmware New Unlock Screen Generates Heated Discussion

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I could care less, honestly. I like this one just fine. If anything, give us the option. That and a numeric lock code.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When was 2.01 released? I'm still on 2.0.1.;)

Honestly what's the point of this thread OP? There has already been heated discussions on this. A bunch of babies who can't accept change. We don't need a link to another discussion. We've had plenty of our own.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When was 2.01 released? I'm still on 2.0.1.;)

Honestly what's the point of this thread OP? There has already been heated discussions on this. A bunch of babies who can't accept change. We don't need a link to another discussion. We've had plenty of our own.
i agree this is a retarded thread and i hope they close it

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
the old one was ugly and unpolished...those arrows were just plain cheap looking. I'm not sure why people liked that??? the new one is worlds better....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mean really, in my book it doesn't matter one bit. While I think that they should allow choice on this matter, it doesn't bother me one bit. Though I do think they should allow for a numerical lock, it only makes sense.

calpilot7

Reaction score
I hate the new one. It looks blocky and LOW tech like it was designed by Microsoft.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Arc may have had a more visual appeal but I find it much nicer to have a straight, simple swipe. The arc felt as if you had to have a longer swipe to get it to unlock... not to mention the new screen is sweet. It's just the lock screen people... we see if for very brief periods before we open up the awesomeness of this phone... let the issue die.

smokin5s

Reaction score
that doesn't bother me, but I do get a bit annoyed when I need to put in my unlock code to hang up my phone or access my dial pad once my phone is against my ear.

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
It's just an unlock screen...it works, so what's the problem? Don't know why they changed it to begin with, but does it really matter that much?