Droid 1 update

Kwaidroid20

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Mini
Hello all! My Droid that was running the newest FRK had to be retired so I transferred to my wife's old stock Droid still running on ESE81 thats in mint condition but can't figure out why its not updating. any ideas?

WillisD

Reaction score
Its at its end of life, updates are no longer pushed, but it can be manually updated, search on here or on peter alfonso's page for the update, gimme a sec I'll get you a link

OP
Kwaidroid20

Kwaidroid20

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Mini
Hey thanks but just curious are there flashing instructions in that link? Never flashed a manual update before

OP
Kwaidroid20

Kwaidroid20

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Mini
OK I tried the link and got an error 404 URL message when I tried to view the download

OP
Kwaidroid20

Kwaidroid20

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Mini
Does anyone have these files you could send me?

OP
Kwaidroid20

Kwaidroid20

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Mini
cool I appreciate you looking into it for me. On a side note would it be better for me to just root the phone now before trying to find this update or should I just wait to see if I find it first, plus would rooting open up a better chance of finding an update not to mention any kind of custom optimizations available?

WillisD

Reaction score
If you rooted you could have 2.3.7, overclock kernels. 2 custom roms I would look into are steel droid and cm7, I have been running cm 7.2 for like a month with no issues

OP
Kwaidroid20

Kwaidroid20

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Mini
I have rooted before a long time ago on my last phone using super one click or petes root tool, i cant remember which one but it was only for open garden. I have never done any custom roms can you point me in the right direction on how to do what you are talking about?