1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid 1, unusual (brick?) issue.

Discussion in 'Droid Rooted Help' started by OrangeDoorhinge, Sep 29, 2010.

1. OrangeDoorhinge

OrangeDoorhinge New Member

So, I've had my Motodroid since last December, and I've been rooted since April. The first custom ROM I used was Kangerade 4.7, then I switched to BBB and finally Simply Stunning's 2.2 (1ghz kernel), which is where I've been since it was released. I've used this thing heavily, with USBwebcam, emulators, calling 2-4 hours a day, etc.

So last night, I put it on my wall charger. It was fine. I wake up, see my LED blinking green, and try to turn the screen on. The backlight turns on but the screen remains black/gray. It doesn't respond to touch. My alarm went off (kind of, it beeped and vibrated on/off twice and then just kept vibrating for 5 seconds) and my notification tone played when I received another text. Removing battery is the only way I can turn it off, and when it turn on there's no M or boot animation. I haven't done anything that would damage the screen, it's never been dropped or wet. I was using a task killer really frequently, which is a terrible idea as I now know. RSD Lite doesn't seem to be working for me (I have Vista 32bit but there isn't a "run as admin" option when I right-click the icon).

Is it bricked? What can I do? Will the VZ insurance policy that I bought replace it?

While I wait for replies, I'm going to try to do a blind (screenless, since everything internally seems to be running fine) factory reset. Thanks in advance for any help/wisdom.

EDIT: That didn't work, so I'm out of ideas.
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

I have 32 bit Vista, and RSD works fine for me. Try holding shift and right clicking RSD and choose, "run as..."
  3. OrangeDoorhinge

OrangeDoorhinge New Member

All I see as far as running options is "Open".

Going to reboot and try again. I shouldn't need my Droid screen to fix it with RSD, right?
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

OK let's get it straightened out for you by helping you fix it. We will not discuss insurance fraud in this thread, I hope I'm clear about that.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thread moved to a more appropriate area for assistance.
  6. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Yes, RSD will work with a non functioning screen. As long as the rest of the the phone works.
  7. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

I hate not getting more information to help these people!
  8. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    I'm going to guess either the phone was repaired or returned to Verizon.
  9. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

I know. But I need closure haha.
  10. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

That, my friend, is the closure. No more questions=problem solved 90% of the time. I've been like you, but learned that this is the nature of the beast . . . . Just be happy with the other 10% who do come back and say dancedroidthat fixed it!