Droid 1 to Droid 2 easiest way to transition?

pyro6128

Reaction score
I just got a droid 2 and am coming from a rooted droid 1. What would be the easiest way to transition (as in transfer all my stuff) to the new device. I also have titanium backup. I also plan on rooting the droid 2 and throwing on a blurless rom. Any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Come on someone should have some insight.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have decided after being rooted for a while that even without running a ROM the bootstraps that are needed to install a custom ROM and also install Clockwork have issues. I went back to stock today. If you want to root that's up to you but I have had to SBF 3 times since rooting. I've decided not to root again.

My D1 was rooted, I never ran custom ROMs and it ran great. I'm not disappointed in the D2.

The only other advise I can give is pull the SD card out of the D1 as the D2 only has an 8 gb SD card.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Well i have the d2 here in hand and am trying to migrate everything. I want to root it so that I can get rid of blur and all the bloatware thats on it. I'm thinking the steps involved would be to follow a root guide and get rooted, throw a blurless rom on there, then simply use titanium to restore my apps once I'm up and running. It seems easy enough, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that could end up causing problems

Ecnassianer

Reaction score
I'm thinking the steps involved would be to follow a root guide and get rooted, throw a blurless rom on there, then simply use titanium to restore my apps once I'm up and running. It seems easy enough, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that could end up causing problems

I haven't done what you're describing, but I own a Droid 1 (and do lots of fun rommy stuff with it) and my girlfriend has a Droid 2 (and I do lots of fun rommy stuff on it).

If I were doing it, I'd rely mostly on the google account backups. That's been most reliable whenever I flash a new ROM. Make sure you have the "backup my settings to my google account" option turned on before you leave your D1 (if you don't know where that is, I'll dig it up for you). Wait for it to sync if you just turned it on.

ROM up your D2, login to your gmail account and wait for everything to show up on it's own.

Make a nandroid backup. Make a nandroid backup. (Really, at this point, make a nandroid backup.)

Bring your Titanium Backup over so it's available when you need it, but I'd recommend only restoring backups as you need them. That way if you start having problems you can track down exactly what caused it.