Droid 1 sucks after froyo

OP
R

rockasocky

Reaction score
Woohoo! I helped someone! :-D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

WAITAMINUTE!! Sorry to prematurely lift your spirits, my phone is doing it again.... :-( I'm gonna try some of the other suggestions on here and see how that goes. Thanks for giving me a good phone for a day, though

matt2783

Reaction score
[/quote]I would give it a try if I were you.

There used to be an issue with long hair/beard/sideburns and the proximity sensor that keeps the phone dark while pressed to your ear/cheek. I don't know if it's still an issue. You might need to check that out by searching "proximity". Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but I don't have long hair, long side burns or a beard. I did do the install of 2.2 and my phone does seem to be running smoother, but I haven't really made any phone calls to see if the hitting buttons thing is still happening.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
Try this:
https://android.clients.google.com/...voles/a5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip
It's the official full install for FRG22D (don't worry about the security certificate thing;it's Google's server; it always does that.
Manual install instructions :

1)rename downloaded file update.zip and move to directory /sdcard using a file manager (make sure you have file extensions showing; update.zip.zip won't work)
2) Turn your phone off.
3)Boot into recovery (Press Power then press X; when you seen the phone is turning on you can let go of Power but keep holding X)..
4) Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release X.
5) Press the volume up button and hold and quickly press the camera button and hold. Recovery console will appear.
6) Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip” . Let the update proceed. When it's complete, use D-Pad to select reboot phone.

This will install the full FRG22D over the patched version. It often solves these problems. If it doesn't, check back with your results.

HTH

Thanks PhoenixGTR! I just followed your suggestion because my phone was sluggish and non responsive after loading the patch. I reloaded the complete file (FRG22D) and it is like a new phone!

Jstwondrng

stacks04

Reaction score
Guys I found something to help. Atleast it did on my phone. See this thread for info
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...issues-seem-have-been-resolved-least-now.html

I am in the second day now, went to bed last night with 3/4 battery left and I even used navigation for bit yesterday. Today I reloaded beautiful widgets and so far the battery is still 7/8 full. Watched a couple youtubes this am, and been on it like normal. The phone is performing like it was the day I got it, except it is running the new updates and all the apps ect as it was the day before I did the factory default reset.

Black Diamond

Reaction score
Yeah doing the manual update did not help with my phone either. Still the same POS. :mad:

Verizon is frikken useless with their email support. Guess I will take it to a store and see if I can get it replaced. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Black Diamond

Reaction score
Verizon ended up replacing my phone. My 3 - 4 hour battery time went back to the normal time between charging of about 18 hours.

I unplugged my phone at 7:00 AM today and at 3:51 PM, I am sitting on 80% left. :)

olbab

Reaction score
What's with the "X"?

Try this:

3)Boot into recovery (Press Power then press X; when you seen the phone is turning on you can let go of Power but keep holding X)..
5) Press the volume up button and hold and quickly press the camera button and hold. Recovery console will appear.
6) Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip” . Let the update proceed. When it's complete, use D-Pad to select reboot phone.

What X ? For that matter, what D-Pad? (Oh.. something in rec con.?)

[Droid 1, 2.2]. I slid out the keybd (which turns phone on). Turned it off again. Turned it on, unlocked, pressed "x" as described. App that was running comes up. Still holding "x". Still holding "x". Nothing changes. 15 seconds..30..

Tried it again after killing all apps. Same...

Tried it again without the 'unlock' step. (Phone, as expected, goes dark again) Waited anyway. Nothing.

Holding my breath here... What did you leave out?
Ol' Bab

funken

Reaction score
Try this:

What X ? For that matter, what D-Pad? (Oh.. something in rec con.?)

[Droid 1, 2.2]. I slid out the keybd (which turns phone on). Turned it off again. Turned it on, unlocked, pressed "x" as described. App that was running comes up. Still holding "x". Still holding "x". Nothing changes. 15 seconds..30..

Tried it again after killing all apps. Same...

Tried it again without the 'unlock' step. (Phone, as expected, goes dark again) Waited anyway. Nothing.

Holding my breath here... What did you leave out?
Ol' Bab

Turn the phone off. Open the keyboard when you turn it back on so you can press the x button as it is booting up

I think you tried to press the x button as you were waking it up.

This update fixed the lag for me. I just hope it fixes my crappy battery life too. A month ago my phone would go down to 70% by bedtime, now it goes down to 30%.

I can't imagine how people use this phone without using forums like this. I've had so many problems that have been solved almost instantly by coming to this site.

funken

Reaction score
It worked fine for a day but the screen is now laggy again. At least battery life is better than ever.

Tim K

Reaction score
Everything I tried to resolve this has failed. I removed launcher pro, removed widgets, removed apps that run in the background....nothing works. Sure, after restarting the phone it goes most of a day with no lag but it eventually comes back....sometimes it takes over 20 seconds to redraw and usually the touchscreen is non-responsive for a couple of seconds even after the redraw is complete.

Rooting and installing a 3rd party launcher shouldn't be the solution to this problem....

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Everything I tried to resolve this has failed. I removed launcher pro, removed widgets, removed apps that run in the background....nothing works. Sure, after restarting the phone it goes most of a day with no lag but it eventually comes back....sometimes it takes over 20 seconds to redraw and usually the touchscreen is non-responsive for a couple of seconds even after the redraw is complete.

Rooting and installing a 3rd party launcher shouldn't be the solution to this problem....

I would do the following assuming they have not been done yet:

1. Hard Reset
2. Search for "redraw" and read everything you can about the solutions others have found.
3. Go to a Verizon factory store and have them reflash 2.2.

mslal

Reaction score
unrooted Droid 1.

1. Hard Reset - done; did not resolve.
2. Search for "redraw" and read everything you can about the solutions others have found. - still working on this
3. Go to a Verizon factory store and have them reflash 2.2 - went to store; dude was completely clueless. said they could not reflash anything. then told me to install ATK. said I could leave my phone there & he'd "play with it" Having a love/hate relationship with my Droid now

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
unrooted Droid 1.

1. Hard Reset - done; did not resolve.
2. Search for "redraw" and read everything you can about the solutions others have found. - still working on this
3. Go to a Verizon factory store and have them reflash 2.2 - went to store; dude was completely clueless. said they could not reflash anything. then told me to install ATK. said I could leave my phone there & he'd "play with it" Having a love/hate relationship with my Droid now

Wow, was that a factory store?? I know they don't know much, as evidenced by their touting of ATK, but a factory store ought to at least be able to reflash 2.2.